Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@asigh

Okay then. Now i leave around 9GB un-partitioned. Coz whenever i try to format it, it said "The hard disk drive seems to be corrupted or damaged.It was unable to format".

So i just leave it coz i am not gonna loose with that 9GB outta 320GB. Right.

And now a weird problem. When i switch on the PC in this morning, it took around 1min to boot into Windows. But this not same with yesterday, it just took around 30secs to boot into Windows. Why so?

Also my Hard-disk doesn't show up in BIOS and i need to re-insert the SATA pin in-order to get the system up. What's wrong?

EDIT : Installed KAV9 and scanned the PC. It showing that most of files in the HDD as virus, called Virus.HiDrag.Sality.z and it disinfects most of the files. Does this virus so harmful?

Hey...

You have a really bad virus on your system.

1. Read up this link.
2. Try the methods they have suggested.
3. There is a utility mentioned at some girisoft website, try that. (Did not check it out).
4. Once you have downloaded all you need, remove your LAN cable and run the scanners, and utilities mentioned in (1) and (2) and (3).
5. Check again for the virus.
6. If 1 --> 5 fail, try a system restore. (To a point before the virus was rampant).
7. Check for the virus again.

If all fails, do a 100% clean format.
1. Pick all your data --- > music, images, xls, word documents, movies. Do not pick any executable, DLL, system file, registry entries.
2. Back up to DVD format. (Dont use pen drives).
3. Re-install the OS. (Format all the drives). Not just C: drive, all the drives.
4. Once you get the new OS, check again for the virus.
5. If (4) is negative, insert your DVDs. DO NOT COPY THE DATA to HDD.
6. Scan the DVDs for virus.
7. If (6) is virus free, dump the data back to HDD.
8. Check system again.

Just a side note:
I have not used Kapersky Virus Client, but I would suggest to upgrade to AVG 8. Its free and quite good. Else purchase a good virus client.

Best of luck BRO.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Just a side note:
I have not used Kapersky Virus Client, but I would suggest to upgrade to AVG 8. Its free and quite good. Else purchase a good virus client.

Best of luck BRO.

OMG.. Thats fu(king insane dude. BTW Why not KAV and why AVG 8? I am pretty confused.

I purchased this KAV and been using this. But for past few months i didn't installed it as my system just laid down in my room just like a waste.

I think if i installed it and used, then i dont fall in this pit. BTW Will backup rest of the data's by today night and will do complete format.

What if the DVD is infected? Could i copy the files and disinfect them? Is that be ok?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
OMG.. Thats fu(king insane dude. BTW Why not KAV and why AVG 8? I am pretty confused.

I purchased this KAV and been using this. But for past few months i didn't installed it as my system just laid down in my room just like a waste.

I think if i installed it and used, then i dont fall in this pit. BTW Will backup rest of the data's by today night and will do complete format.

What if the DVD is infected? Could i copy the files and disinfect them? Is that be ok?

I thought...Kapersky was not doing the job well, so suggested AVG.

YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME, THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ONLINE, WITHOUT AN ACTIVE/UPDATED/INSTALLED VIRUS CLIENT...???

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I thought...Kapersky was not doing the job well, so suggested AVG.

YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME, THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ONLINE, WITHOUT AN ACTIVE/UPDATED/INSTALLED VIRUS CLIENT...???

I am in my Office and no Internet connection in my home as i am day-in/day-out person. Got it. BTW I said i only installed the KAV once i came to know that the system got infected.

BTW From my exp with KAV, i say its not that bad like u think.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I am in my Office and no Internet connection in my home as i am day-in/day-out person. Got it. BTW I said i only installed the KAV once i came to know that the system got infected.

BTW From my exp with KAV, i say its not that bad like u think.

Ok....

I never said KAV is bad, was just suggesting another virus client since KAV is not able to purge your system from the infections.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@asigh

Dude the problem with the HDD is almost over. But when i run the virus scan, things get screwed up. I accidentally clicked the option delete instead of disinfect and after a came back, i saw folders w/o any exe files. Coz they were all deleted instead of disinfect them . Please tell me a way to restore them back.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@asigh

Dude the problem with the HDD is almost over. But when i run the virus scan, things get screwed up. I accidentally clicked the option delete instead of disinfect and after a came back, i saw folders w/o any exe files. Coz they were all deleted instead of disinfect them . Please tell me a way to restore them back.

Ok..

1. Do a system restore
2. If (1) fails, there your Virus Client should have a 'restore option'.

Both (1) and (2) with bring back the virus infections. This time round, run the scanner with quarantine. If it is really bad, just do a 100% clean format, as I wrote above...!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Thats great idea. I'll try that.

BTW dude a 100% clean format is the last option and i'm on it. I am backing up the data's in a regular interval,say 1 DVD per day as i dont have much time now. So will do a full format once i finished back up the data's.

Thanks for the suggestion dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom