ram compatibility!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
hi guyz.

a bit of help is required.my mobo is asus p5b deluxe(non wifi).
it supports dual channe; memory architecture with ddr2 800/667/533 mhz n.max fsb supported is 1033 mhz.

i wanna go for dominator twinx pc2-8500 dual channel memory kit.now,will ths ram be compatiblwe with my mobo??n wht speed i ll get as this ram has over 1000 mhz speed?

shantanu

Technomancer
you will get 800 mhz speed.. if this module supports your mobo.. see the intel mobo compatiblity list for more detail.. well as per some experiences i know that DDR2 modules or DDR also they fit in their own specie :D.. means that DDR2 800 can work as DDR2 667 and or 533 so i think DDR2 1000 or more will work on your mobo.. well i didnt took any chances and got 800 Mhz. :p .. now let others too reply... they will also tell some gr8 Facts :)

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
thnx guyz.
i read some reviews abt my mobo.its a decent one for oc,ehh??
hope the ram wont fry:D

Right now there are four P5B versions: P5B, P5B-E, P5B Deluxe and P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP. Our review is based on the basic model, P5B. P5B-E uses ICH8R south bridge instead of ICH8 like on P5B, so on this board there are six SATA-300 ports controlled by the chipset supporting RAID (0, 1, 10 and 5) plus two extra ports controlled by a JMicron chip. P5B-E has also two Firewire ports. The rest of the specs are equal to P5B. P5B Deluxe has two Gigabit Ethernet ports, two x16 PCI Express slots (the second one running at x4), only one x1 PCI Express slot and a passive cooling solution using a heat-pipe. The rest of the specs are the same as P5B-E. P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP is identical to P5B Deluxe but features a wireless access point supporting IEEE 802.11b/g (up to 54 Mbps).

This motherboard uses a passive cooling solution on its chipset and does not use any cooling solution on its voltage regulator transistors, as you can see on Figure 1.

This motherboard provides one x16 PCI Express slot, three x1 PCI Express slots and three standard PCI slots.

On the memory side, ASUS P5B has four DDR2-DIMM sockets, supporting up to 8 GB officially up to DDR2-800, however this motherboard supports DDR2-1066/PC2-8500 memories (we installed four DDR2-1066 modules and they worked just fine at 1,066 MHz). On this motherboard sockets 1 and 3 are yellow and sockets 2 and 4 are black. Configuring DDR2 dual channel on this motherboard is pretty easy: just install each module on a socket with the same color.

hope the same thing ll be with the deluxe version,too.
i think i hv got my answer.bt still to be dead sure,ny kind of info is most welcome:)

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
I have the P5B - Deluxe Wi/Fi.
The P5B-Deluxe and the P5B-Deluxe Wi/Fi is the same board, only difference is wi/fi. Whereas the P5B-E, and P5B are different models. (There is a basic difference in the models and overclockability, so Considering that P5B-Deluxe is just a P5B-E with extra features would be wrong)

I did not fine a 1066Mhz divider for ram on the motherboard, for 266Mhz FSB (1066Mhz). On the other hand, if u overclock, u can use an appropriate divider to run it at 1066Mhz, but truly speaking, when u are overclocking, running the ram 1:1 will produce better results. And in all probability u will be running it at 800Mhz or less.

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
i read some reviews abt the p5b deluxe mobo.they said tht pc2 hyper-8500 has been tested successfully with this mobo.i dont remember the site rite now.ll post as soon as i get it again:)

guyz plz post some opinions.

help really needed.guyz plz advice

*www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=20808&vpn=P5B DELUXE (GREEN)&manufacture=ASUS

check it out plz.ny suggestions??

Last edited:
OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
assasin said:
^^^ u dont hav to chek websites its written on the box pakage that PC8500 is supported

yup its written for KINGSTON HYPER X PC2-8500.
well i guess then i hv to overclock my system.

is it safe to oc the system using AI BOOSTER?

Hells_Fury

In the zone
BULLZI said:
yup its written for KINGSTON HYPER X PC2-8500.
well i guess then i hv to overclock my system.

is it safe to oc the system using AI BOOSTER?
Its safe, but if you know what you're doing then its better to do it yourself. you get more control of the OC if you do it on your own...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom