ram and graphics card related query

amanbhati17

Broken In
dear friend,
i upgraded my ram 1 gb to 4 gb 1333 Mhz but it showing same dram frequency 400 Mhz and cas letency 6-6-6-15 of old ram whether new ram's frequency and cas letency is different. my other query is that my mobo is FOXCONN, G 41 Express chipset, i want to know that GTX 650 card would support my mobo. card's bus speed is 3.0 and my mobo support 2.0 bus speed. please help thanks
aman bhati

1. What software are you using for checking the RAM frequency? I recommend Hwinfo for that purpose or CPU-Z
2. A ram or 1333 MHz would NOT be displayed as one with frequency of 1333 MHz, it would be lower as most applications applications display the actual frequency of the RAM, so if you have a DDR3 RAM and it is displayed as 300 MHz, then it is the base memory frequency and 300 x 3(because it's DDR3= 900 MHz is the effective memory frequency.
3. Cards built for PCI 3.0 connectors are backward compatible with pci 2.0 ports, so yes, your motherboard would support that card.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, use CPU-Z and provide the exact name of the Motherboard you are using. There is a chance that your motherboard does not support 1333 MHz (Actual 667 MHz) Ram by default and you need to set some memory related parameters in BIOS to get it run at 1333 MHz Speed. So provide the exact model number of the Motherboard and the Ram. Right now, probably your Ram is running at the default speed supported by your Motherboard (DDR3 800, 400 actual).

OP
A

amanbhati17

Broken In
dear friends,
i used both CPU-Z and Spaccy for system information.my new ram is Strontium 4 GB 1333 DIMM EVM .motherboard FOXCONN 2A8C, CHIPSET INTEL G 41, SOUTHBRIDGE INTEL 82801GB(ICH7/R) BIOS AMERICAN MEGATRENDS INC. VERSION 6.05 DATE 8/12/2010. I have seen bios but no option to increase ram frequency.

Top Bottom