RAM and Graphics card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

viruses

Journeyman
Hi guys,
i have a p4 2.40 ghz system and a 256 ram 133 can i upgrade it to 1gb ram with more than 133 speed.I also heard that the prices of ram have gone down.Can you please tell me what will be the new price of 1gb ddr ram(1) and which is the best place to buy in bangalore city because last time i was cheated in a shop in sp road.

Now regarding my graphics card.i dont have one at the moment but i have a krypton motherboard which has a slot for the graphics card.which card will it support and what will be the price of it.please help as i am a novice.i dont want a latest graphics card but one which will help me play most of the games like battlefield 2 and fear.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
133 MHz RAM means, All most sure you have One SD RAM... so i think Plan for DDR RAM is out of Question your System doesnt support that !!!

Now can one add one 1 GB Module... umm.. as u have SD i dont think u can.. if you have given us the exact Mobo model then we could have suggested better, but I guess as u are in SD Platform, one can add only 512 MB as single module... now the bad news is Fining one 512 MB SD 133 Module would be close to imposible right now, even if you find one again I guess it would be reaklly coslty :lol:

About GRFX Card... most likly ur mobo has AGP Slot... once again you are out of option :p... you have to have a modarate budget like 6k to obtain one AGP version of may be X1650 pro or 7600 :lol:

Pathik

Google Bot
if its running at 133mhz than it can also be ddr 266 ram.. So u can get a 1gb ddr400 ram module for 1.7k and it ll automatically downclock to 133mhz..

OP
V

viruses

Journeyman
well guys i do have 256 ddr ram-128+128.

well to just confirm i scanned my system hardware and this is the result that it showed

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 2097152 MB
* Currently Installed Memory: 256 MB
* Available Memory Slots: N.A.
* Number of Banks: 2
* Dual Channel Support: N.A.
* CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
* CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz Model 3, Stepping 4
* CPU Speed: 2400 MHz

128mb 128mb
ddr pc 2700 ddr pc2700.

now what is the speed of my ram and can i upgrade it to 1gb ram

Last edited:
Hi all,
Please suggest me which option is better.

1. 1 GB DDR2 (667)

OR

2. 1GB DDR2 (800) in Place of 1GB DDR2 (667) which i still have.

My system configuration is
- Dual Core 3.2 4MB L2
- Intel D965RY M.B.
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM(667)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Ashutosh Malik said:
Hi all,
Please suggest me which option is better.BUT

1. 1 GB DDR2 (667)

OR

2. 1GB DDR2 (800) in Place of 1GB DDR2 (667) which i still have.

My system configuration is
- Dual Core 3.2 4MB L2
- Intel D965RY M.B.
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM(667)
DDR2 800 Mhz is better choice.BUT

If you are planing to add another RAM with your old DDR2 , 667Mhz..than you should buy DDR2 667 Mhz only.

It is always recommended to use same frequency RAM.

Also must check motherboard RAM support issues.

Even if you add DDR2 800 MHz with your old DDR2 667 RAM, the new RAM will work on lower frequency only.So, why waste money on 800 MHz RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom