Railwire Broadband

saswat23

Human Spambot
Hey, guys. I hope you are staying safe.

I am planning to take Railwire connection in my hometown (Bhubaneswar). But they are taking 5k for ftth installation despite on official site it is showing around 3k. They only reason the agent is providing is, due to covid19 pandemic the price has been increased temporary. I don't mind paying that much but their security refund amount is <1k, which kinda sucks. And no other good isp are available also in my area. Any suggestions?
In which area?

sohan_92

In the zone
Thanks. I was able to talk with regional manager and he was agreed with total 3k setup with 1k refundable security deposits. As now I already have taken the connection, the problem is that I am not able to configure my D-Link dir 615 wifi router with modem. Can someone guide?

If I am connecting my laptop direct to modem through lan, it is working fine. But if I connect it to wifi router, it never connects and it never allows me to access router admin page. Both in wired and wireless way.

Thanks in advance.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. I was able to talk with regional manager and he was agreed with total 3k setup with 1k refundable security deposits. As now I already have taken the connection, the problem is that I am not able to configure my D-Link dir 615 wifi router with modem. Can someone guide?

If I am connecting my laptop direct to modem through lan, it is working fine. But if I connect it to wifi router, it never connects and it never allows me to access router admin page. Both in wired and wireless way.

Thanks in advance.
Create a separate thread in networking section with all the details/screenshots of pc & router settings page.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
@sohan_92: Hi, can you share how much speed you are getting both download and upload because I also want to get a ftth connection but confused between bsnl and railtel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
in
999 INR excluding tax. 100 Mbps with FUP 300 GB. Post FUP 1 Mbps.

I am planning to opt for 649 INR though. 10GB/day with 100 Mbps.
in 649 plan after 10GB speed? can you link railtel plans

Edit: Found plans but cant find 649 plan Internet Tariff Plans | Railwire

Last edited:

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Net has been shit for the past 10-15 days. Speed issues. Packet loss issues. Made two tickets and they were closed after some days without fix.

Anyone else?

@meetdilip ?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It is relatively better on BSNL ADSL. (Due to frustration with KV I got it working finally)
But even there occassionally it happens.

If it happens on Railwire too, we can conclude that partly the issue is on Google side too.

Thank you.

Top Bottom