RAID configured high performance PC

curioustechy

Journeyman
We are planning to buy a high end system for our office... We are not interested in a server, but the purpose is almost that required of a server. Around 20 computers will be connected to this system. A lot of storage space is required for storing a lot of files. A tailor made web based content management system is planned to be run on this computer. Would be running on win 7 x64

I've cornered the specs as follows

Processor - intel i7-4770K
Mobo -ASUS H87-PRO / ASUS GRYPHON Z87 (help me choose)
Memory - CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB ( 8GB x 2)
HDD - Seagate 3 TB SATA - [2 nos. These 2 disks have to be configured in RAID ('ll be using win7). Here lies the crux... Should i go for software based RAID or hardware based RAID? If so suggest a hardware RAID controller. Which RAID level should i opt for? ]
PSU - Plz suggest
Cabinet - suggest
Monitor - 24" (suggest)
Optical drive - LG dual layer RW
CPU cooler - Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler H80i (i'm not sure whether i require this one)
UPS - APC 1.1KVA

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I would say better go for a LGA 1366 / X79 based system offers a lot of flexibility and options,for your kind of requirement.

ankush28

Bazinga
answer this first...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

answer this first...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-asking-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
answer this first...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

answer this first...

I've clearly mentioned my needs. But as u strongly wish it to be this way, here it goes

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: NO GAMES. WILL BE RUNNING A WEB BASED CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, MANNING 20 PCS

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 80K+10K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: WIN 7 X64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: MINIMUM OF 6TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE - AN AVERAGE MONITOR WOULD DO

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: NOTHING

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: WITHIN TWO MONTHS

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: WILL BE DOING MYSELF

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: SOUTH KERALA. NO ONLINE BUYING. READY TO BUY FROM ANYWHERE INSIDE INDIA

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: MY MAIN DOUBT IS IN CONFIGURING A RAID SYSTEM. BUT NO ADVICE FROM THAT POINT. OR AM I IN A WRONG SECTION/THREAD

I would say better go for a LGA 1366 / X79 based system offers a lot of flexibility and options,for your kind of requirement.

COULD YOU SUGGEST A MODEL

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
Its high time i quit this forum...
I've taken this decision after a series of instances
Without getting any solution to my problems why should i waste my priceless time here...
Any way guys i'll be grateful for all the help i've received from this forum.
BYEE..

Top Bottom