R9 280x or GTX 770 ? + PSU

amjath

Human Spambot
see here a 'fix'. taken from tomshardware.

I had similar problem with my XFX R9 280X. This seems to be common problem due to low memory clock when idle.
I managed to temporarily fix the problem by forcing the card to have constant 1500Mhz memory clock using Catalyst.

What you need to do is create a new preset in catalyst, then open C:\User\user name\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE
open Profiles.xml with notepad, copy the whole content and paste it into your newly created profile in the Profiles folder.
In the new profile xml,
find CoreClockTarget and change the "want_0" value="50000"
find MemoryClockTarget and change "want_0" value="your GPU full load memory clock"
Save changes, then activate the new profile from Presets tab in Catalyst.
Finally, enable Overdrive and set the overdrive GPU clock and memory clock to your GPU full load clock.
This "fix" the problem for me, if there is newer Vbios from MSI website. It might be better to update your Vbios first to see if it fix your problem.

BTW how to find the artifact issue

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm using Sapphire R9280X, no artifacts as such, although I'd suggest you stay away from Beta drivers as soon as they launch, otherwise pretty good card. Runs very cool.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I'm using Sapphire R9280X, no artifacts as such, although I'd suggest you stay away from Beta drivers as soon as they launch, otherwise pretty good card. Runs very cool.

what temps are you getting ?

Top Bottom