Quick Question--Dual Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a Gigabyte GA G31M S2L motherboard, fitted with a 2gb RAM....I plan to add another 1 GB RAM in it to play Split/Second in Windows 7(It's a game)

Will it be safe to combine a 2GB RAM and a 1GB RAM????

And what would be the price of a 1gb Transcend 800 Mhz RAM??

ajai5777

Youngling
Hi, I have a Gigabyte GA G31M S2L motherboard, fitted with a 2gb RAM....I plan to add another 1 GB RAM in it to play Split/Second in Windows 7(It's a game)

Will it be safe to combine a 2GB RAM and a 1GB RAM????

And what would be the price of a 1gb Transcend 800 Mhz RAM??

Yes.But the frequency of both should be same.

1GB ddr2 would be 1.3k and 2gb @2.5k

Its better to go for 2gb as you wont waste a slot putting 1gb.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Could you show me any link which says that a Microsoft Windows 32BIT OS can realize/see full 4GB of ram..?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Check the existing RAM frequency with speccy. If it is more than a year old, chances are, it would be 667Mhz in which case your computer won't be stable if you add 800Mhz RAM.

Just one question, doesn't split/second run with 2GB RAM?

OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
@Cool Buddy.....It's a 800 Mhz RAM.....sure bout that

@everyone else....Am going for a 1 GB RAM Not due to OS Constraints but due to Budget Constraints(Which is the worst sort of constraint to have these days, i hear!!!)

Oh and Thnx for the prices!!

Gauravs90

geek........
^^
Could you show me any link which says that a Microsoft Windows 32BIT OS can realize/see full 4GB of ram..?

I have read somewhere that 32bit can be made to realize more RAM
for example servers running on 32bit operating system can recognise more than 4 GB of RAM

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
The maximum a 32BIT OS can understand is ~3.2GB. RAM is also pre-allocated/mapped to mandatory hardwarde/OS cycles which execute.

Give this a read, for better understanding. And this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom