Quick Look at XFX nvidia 7150 Mobo for C2D supporting OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Heats up ??? Passive cooling is an indication of bad build quality ? Since when ? :confused:

Its a value solution but clocks decently so please dont make statements just for the heck of it. ;)

@ axxo, if you can stretch your budget a bit, get the Abit IP35-E, excellent P25 board from Abit.You wont go wrong with it.Clocks exeptionally well too :)

..the difficult part is getting abit motherboard @ my place.....so this left out me with no other option than biostar..:(

axxo

99.9% Idle
I have mailed them..if they agree to deliver probably i may stick to XFX 630i (MG-630I-7159) or xfx 650i ultra

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Single Or Dual Channel RAM

toms said:
the current Intel Core 2 Duo processors come with a huge and sophisticated 2 MB or 4 MB second level cache, which reduces the impact of either poor or super-fast memory. Is dual channel memory really necessary?

Games like Call Of Duty 2, Prey and Quake 4, give a performance spread between 2% and 4%.
Multimedia aplications like Lame MP3, DivX 6.6, XviD 1.1.3 or Mainconcept H.264 v2, suffer losses that range from the undetectable to 5% (h263 based codecs).
Even a compression program like WinRAR 3.7, traditionally very sensitive to changes in the memory subsystem, is only affected by a mere 2%.

source

this board seems to be a good buy,common user must get dual channel bug out of his brains:p

one more thing saurav does this board support 2.2v for memory i.e for patriot 2.2v 4-4-4-12@800

Last edited:
@axxo: If video encoding is what you want to do then you should be mainly looking at clock speeds. RAM, Graphics Card, motherboard, Dual Channel RAMs, etc have very litte relevance here. So if you really want to do an aXXo style rip-o-mania, I suggest you go with 1GB RAM @ 667 MHz, that XFX 630i mobo, or even a cheaper board, and Core2Quad 6600 Processor. A light overclock on the processor will be enough for high encoding rates. As we speak, the x264 encoder is undergoing major revisions to speed it up while maintaining its quality, as well as to better support multi cores.

So in a nutshell: for video encoding, just go hyper on the processor.

But if you need a more balenced system, I suggest you try the AMD X2 processors with Brisbane cores, which can be overclocked easily. The motherboard for that prcessor will also be quite cheap.

Go for a 4k brisbane processor(forgot name sry), 1 GB 667/800 MHz ram, one of those good 2.5K boards I and cheeta were discussing earlier(again forgot name, sry) and a basic card(or even onboard.) It will come under 7k to 8k for you.

axxo

99.9% Idle
itwares showd me no interest..so i have decided on budget overclocking combo...biostar P35D2-A7 +E2140...also hoping to get this to clock around 2.8ghz....

@MetalheadGautham: x264 mostly probably helps in conversion but my work going to be on editing..also they are no better in avi container(the one i use most)

metoo

Right off the assembly line
Old thread but hoping to get a reply
Does anybody have any update on Linux compatibility with this mobo and any idea where its available in Bangalore?

I read few other reviews on web and seem to be encouraging but looks like this board has issues with Linux also read that Gigabyte version of this board has issues with LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom