--> Quick launch toolbar vanished after restarting winXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Dear friends,
My PC has winXP PRO SP2, NTFS drive.

2***
After login to desktop my Quick Launch toolbar always get disappears, and then i've to set

again, but after re-starting it again vanished!! Sometime my windows take too much time for shutting

down, it gives message: Saving settings.........in classic login and keep showing this messages

then i've to shut by manual!!

Now plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me the solution of these problems!!
plz reply me soon.... :roll:

:::::saurav::::::

VIRENKAY

Broken In
Few Days back...I had same Problem...(same OS -winxp pro sp2 with ntfs drive)

I ran chkdsk/f from commond prompt...Type F:
and then type chkdsk/f

If still not solved then..
Disable or Enable CheckDisk
*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Try to disable the Automatic Scandisk by using following procedure:

In regedit goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager

In right-side pane, change the value of DWORD value AutoChkTimeOut to 0

And also remove all the entries, except the "*" from BootExecute key!

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
kool said:
Dear friends,
My PC has winXP PRO SP2, NTFS drive.

2***
After login to desktop my Quick Launch toolbar always get disappears, and then i've to set

again, but after re-starting it again vanished!! Sometime my windows take too much time for shutting

down, it gives message: Saving settings.........in classic login and keep showing this messages

then i've to shut by manual!!

:::::saurav::::::

what abt this problem??

eddie

El mooooo
Open regedit (start --> run --> regedit) and go the following key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
In the right side window look for a DWORD named NoSaveSettings. If it is not there then create it as a new DWORD. Then double click on it and in value box type 00 (double zero and not the letter o). Click OK. NoSaveSettings should now show 0x00000000 (0) in the Data column.

Now enable the quick launch toolbar. Right click on task bar and click on "Lock the Taskbar". This will unlock the taskbar. Repeat this procedure to lock the taskbar and reboot. See if the quick launch toolbar comes up or not.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
eddie said:
Open regedit (start --> run --> regedit) and go the following key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
In the right side window look for a DWORD named NoSaveSettings. If it is not there then create it as a new DWORD. Then double click on it and in value box type 00 (double zero and not the letter o). Click OK. NoSaveSettings should now show 0x00000000 (0) in the Data column.

Now enable the quick launch toolbar. Right click on task bar and click on "Lock the Taskbar". This will unlock the taskbar. Repeat this procedure to lock the taskbar and reboot. See if the quick launch toolbar comes up or not.

nahi hua...... :(

eddie

El mooooo
Will you check the value of the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer\NoSaveSettings] and tell us what it is?

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
eddie said:
Will you check the value of the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer\NoSaveSettings] and tell us what it is?

thnx buddy!!!!!! mera PC thik ho gaya........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom