Questions regarding windows phone 8.1

sumit231996

Right off the assembly line
Anyone who have updated to windows phone 8.1, can they tell me
1. If I update my window to version 8.1, then all the installed app will be automatically uninstalled or they will remain as they were?
2. What is the estimated size of the update?
3. What is the estimated free space required in the phone memory to install the update?

1) All apps are preserved, not even settings are lost.
2) Don't know (but mine downloaded in less than 15mins on a 512kbps line)
3) No extra space required, the update process will take care of it.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
1.Apps are preserved. Even game save data is not lost.
2.My phone took around 1.5 hours to download. Size maybe around 400-500mb
3. Though yes update process will take care of it, keep at least 1gb of free space on phone memory to keep it smooth.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
I would like to advice you not to update to the dev preview as I am facing random restarts and a loss in battery life. Please wait for the official update(which should come in june) is my suggestion. Some people have had a happier experience with 8.1 dev preview . The choice is yours.

OP
S

sumit231996

Thanks all.
Is anybody udoubtedly sure that the update is less than 1 gb?
Cause i need to buy a internet plan and it depends on that.

OP
S

sumit231996

Not wifi. Cause when i used wifi it got stuck at around 70-80% 3 times and then i have to restart the whole process. This really annoyed me and now i think using mobile data connection would be much better and easier.

Flash

Lost in speed
Not wifi. Cause when i used wifi it got stuck at around 70-80% 3 times and then i have to restart the whole process. This really annoyed me and now i think using mobile data connection would be much better and easier.
Happened with me. Keep on trying. I've done it with 512kbps..
What's your broadband speed?

Top Bottom