Questions on Insipiron Zino HD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraKs

Youngling
Is there anyone using Insipiron Zino HD ?

Really liked the small factor size of it rather then using HUGE cabinets with fans sounding like helicopter.. :)

Looking for users/review of Insipiron Zino HD sold in INDIA -
*www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/home/deskto...d.aspx?refid=inspiron-zino-hd&s=dhs&cs=indhs1

Main Use - Normal surfing, HD Movies by HDMI out to LCD, MS office works,
Price around - Zino HD with 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 = 26500 Rs

Any comments on :
AMD Athlon(TM) 2650e Processor Vs AMD Athlon(TM) X2 3250e Dual-Core Processor ?
Dell IN1910N 18.5" Widescreen Or upgrade to Dell S2209WFP 21.5 " Full HD ?
Normal Or 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 Card ? Will it be able to play HDMI 1080p ?
Config says (Integrated Audio (analog stereo 2.1 on Audio Jack and digital 5.1. capable over) - What is digital 5.1. capable over ?

Give your views on this..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ PraKs

Hi buddy

No need to pay 26k for zino.Assemble the htpc for your needs.

At that budget an assembled rig will demolish the zino.

Buying small form factor cabinets, good psu and good quality 120mm fans with slightly low rpm rating will significantly decrease the heat and helicopter like noise levels :grin:

Here goes your config..

Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.8k
ECS MCP61M-M3 AM3 @ 2.4k
4GB DDR3 1333mhz Transcend/Kingston @ 4.4k
Zebronics Krish @ 1k
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Combo @ 0.8k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.4k
LG 22x DVD @ 1.1k
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 8k
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k
Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 @ 5.6k
TOTAL = 30.7k

Though it exceeds your budget a bit, you can cut down on ram with a single stick and opt for one later.

For gpu a radeon 5450 will cut down prices by around 3k which is an ideal htpc card.

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Thank you vickybat

All I hate about assembled system is Horrible fan noise it makes, I am yet to find a cabinet & fan which makes minimum noise. I wonder how Dell & HP cabinets are so silent.

Already have an assembled system & fan makes noise similar to helicopter. I am not a gaming person. Would prefer to work on SUPER SILENT system.

What do you say ? Any views on Zino HD ?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ PraKs

Look buddy

The specs & performance of zino hd just doesn't cut it at that price no matter how silent it is.

At 27k you can build a much powerful config and put it in good cabby, with a good psu and large fans.

Look at coolermaster or antec cabinets which are very good.
For psu look at corsair cx 400 or gigabyte 460w.Corsair units are extremely silent and give excellent performance.

Cx 400@ 3k or thereabouts.

Seriously buddy try out the specs which i have provided and put them in the above mentioned cabby and psu and believe me it will blow the zino out of the water.

Zino hd is way too much overpriced for its specs.

Planning your assembled rig with the right components will result in a less noisier and will be cooler(thermally).:smile:

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks buddy. Somehow I will not get that small factor with assembled things right.

I do agree price of Zino is on higher side. but i am NOT gaming person at all so I dont need all those high funda graphics card & special LED Cabinets.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
If you want to get a small factor PC then it is better that you go for Zotac Mag, It has Intel Atom 330 and NVIDIA 9400M onboard.. the only downside is that it doesn't have a DVD writer... but still awesome deal at 17.5k with 160 GB HDD and 2 GB RAM

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@hellknight

Dont you think AMD Athlon(TM) X2 3250e Dual-Core Processor is better then Intel Atom 330 ?

Never heard of Zotac Mag :( Atleast I can trust Dell on service part.

what do u say ?

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^Actually I never worked on AMD Athlon X2 3250e... so I can't say anything about it.. Zotac Mag is a high-quality product by Zotac which has exclusive deal with NVIDIA for Graphics cards... it has only one drawback IMO, that is the it lacks a DVD drive..

Here is the product page

It costs Rs 17.5k in India currently.

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Here is the review of Zino on Anandtech.

Performance shows its better then Intel Atom processor

*www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3703

acewin

Point Blanc
Praks, have you ever bought a branded (dell or HP) desktop or laptop.
There is nothing big about them being silent and all, with time anything and everything makes noise. If your CPU cooler is fixed properly with thermal paste put proerly , then there wont be any noise(which comes always from CPU fan) or you can also remove the fan. I am actually facing this problem. I have got compaq desktop which is more than 4 years old.
Now, I am sure that these products are not coming with cooler fans so they wont make noise. And that is what I said earlier remove fan from your CPU cooler and buy some proccy which produces lesser heat. intel atom or amd proccy in zion HD are certainly the starting of those, even intel C2D produce lesser heat.

Same will go for gpu, buy something which produces less heat. likes of HD5450

For reducing space buy some slim line cabinets, from Zebronics or someother good brand(i-ball for me is not one of them, stay away from it IMO).
And foremost spend properly in cooling products for your system. You sound mostly like me. I will also prefer Zion or any intel atom system with some decent gpu for myself, I am not into any heavy stuffs like crazy gaming. Except, theses system wont be much good for multi-tasking a common scenario when we start opening multiple applications.

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks acewin

Do you plan to take Zino HD ? I have seen the Demo, Its small & cute as well plays most HD videos. Has HDMI.. Main plan is to use for netsurfing, download rig & plug to LCD to watch movies. Dont want to invest in WD HD media players.

Main reason is - Leave those big cabinets & hisssing fans like helicopters.

acewin

Point Blanc
no I am not, not going to invest in a new rig
yep it is nice idea, as I said atom can survive without cooling, but not C2D or dual core proccy. And I was suggested if you think of assembling then get a good heatsink and remove its fan it will become same.

I would like to see how Atom based system or zion would perform in real-time multi tasking, the only reason I would keep away from. But for one thing for sure if you do not hastly start multi tasking use Windows XP they will perform very well.

One good thing about this is you are getting an LCD display and the space it will take is very less.

but if you think of assembling a rig on that line it will certainly cost less. and you will get little better gfx performance from HD5450

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks for input.

I am still waiting to see performance of AMD 3250. I have seen demo of AMD 2650 & inbuilt graphics card.

I am planning to take AMD 3250 & ATI external 4330 graphics card.

Are you aware of anyone who owns Zotac MAG ? Just want to have their word & compare with Zino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom