Question about upgrading RAM .

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Hi all,
I have a system with the following configuration.

Phenom ii X4 955 BE.
Asus m4a78te 790gx (4x dimm , max. 16GB, DDR3 1600 (o.c.) / 1333 / 1066mhz, ECC & Non-ECC Unbuffered)
Ram Transcend Jet Ram 2gb 1333(single piece) jm1333klu-2g

Questions
1)Can I attach another 2GB 1333Mhz from Corsair? Will it match? If yes please, suggest the model number.

2) Can I attach 4GB 1600 Mhz (2x2gb) from Corsair altogether?

*Mod Edit = FilledVoid *

Last edited by a moderator:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Re: Serious sam,sorry, ram

I HAVE PHENOM II X4 955 BE.

MOBO ASUS M4A78TE 790GX
(4X DIMM , MAX. 16GB, DDR31600(O.C.)/1333/1066mHZ, ECC & NONECC UNBUFFERED)

RAM TRANSCEND JET RAM 2GB 1333(SINGLE PIECE) JM1333KLU-2G

1)CAN I ATTACH ANOTHER 2GB 1333 FROM CORSAIR? WILL IT MATCH? IF YES SUGGEST THE MODEL NUMBER.

2) CAN I ATTACH 4GB 1600 Mhz (2X2GB) FROM CORSAIR altogether?

Yes u can...coz ur mobo supports it...but make sure they r of same frequency :-o

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

That is the most misguiding thread title ever.

And yes u can attach another 2GB 1333 RAM module.
As it says 4X DIMM slot, u can attach another 3 RAM modules.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

MOBO ASUS M4A78TE 790GX
(4X DIMM , MAX. 16GB, DDR31600(O.C.)/1333/1066mHZ, ECC & NONECC UNBUFFERED)
and
how to check that frequency?

If the specs are written correctly ur MOBO sure supports RAM modules starting from anything to 1600MHz max.

As u already own one 1333MHz module buy one of same frequency, not necessarily of same company though.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

First of all such a stupid thread title. Second query is posted in all capitals. Hurts the mind and eyes.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi Avichandana2000,

Try to keep your post related to the title or vice versa. Ive made some changes to the post to make it more appealing I guess. Take time in checking your posts , as you can see the feedback you get depends on it.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
in west bengal in bengali language this kind of language mistake is actually taken to be a subtle sense of humor and i have learnt it from the novels of Rabindranath Tagore.

what i intend to mean is that i am serious about RAM just as SAM is serious in that game.

so lyrics goes like that SERIOUS SAM, but here it is Serious (about)RAM.

any how i am sorry.

but no body is answering me to the point i have given.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
in west bengal in bengali language this kind of language mistake is actually taken to be a subtle sense of humor and i have learnt it from the novels of Rabindranath Tagore.
I can understand . WHich is why I took the time to modify the post in the first place.

any how i am sorry.
No need to apologize.
Refer to Rhits post. basically you want to pair the same frequency RAM modules . I cant give you Corsairs Modules Model numbers thats way beyond my sub par knowledge of the same. So Id wait for folks to chip in.

rkneo11

Broken In
If both your RAM modules are of equal frequency and capacity refer the manual and install in the same coloured DIMMs so that it acts in a dual channel way...

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
If both your RAM modules are of equal frequency and capacity refer the manual and install in the same coloured DIMMs so that it acts in a dual channel way...

Tell me onething, by using cpu-z i can get the frequency of my installed RAM. But how can i know the frequency of the RAM which i am going to buy? specially if the RAMs are of two separate companies. For that i need to depend fully on the specifications given in the sites of the respective company.
that is why i am asking for the model no from the xperts of this forum.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi all,
I have a system with the following configuration.

Phenom ii X4 955 BE.
Asus m4a78te 790gx (4x dimm , max. 16GB, DDR3 1600 (o.c.) / 1333 / 1066mhz, ECC & Non-ECC Unbuffered)
Ram Transcend Jet Ram 2gb 1333(single piece) jm1333klu-2g

Questions
1)Can I attach another 2GB 1333Mhz from Corsair? Will it match? If yes please, suggest the model number.

2) Can I attach 4GB 1600 Mhz (2x2gb) from Corsair altogether?

*Mod Edit = FilledVoid *

Answers:

Ram:
Your system supports RAM to a maximum speed of 1600 Mhz. You currently have this ram. So any RAM with speed <= 1600 can be paired to this DIMM, so YES, you can attach the Corsair 1600Mhz sticks. But they will down clock to the slower ram which is your currently installed Transcend operating at 1333Mhz. And this way if you have 3x sticks you will not get Dual channel mode. It will move to asymmetric -- quite a waste. Ideally if you can source 2x2GB Corsairs, then sell of the Transcend.

How to identify RAM:
See the image below. It has the model number (XMS2), Density (1024MB), Speed (800Mhz), Timings (4-4-4-12). So this way you can tell the details.
*img405.imageshack.us/img405/6403/xms2ram.jpg

Which Ram to get:
Decide first what I recommended in the first paragraph, will tell you the exact model number. Tell the budget too. Also company specification against the model number are always correct.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Man!!!

U had a problem and u needed its answer.
Why write a poem for it (then including PUN, read Shibram?)

From next time, please be straight forward.

(b/w I'm a bengali too)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

what i intend to mean is that i am serious about RAM just as SAM is serious in that game.

so lyrics goes like that SERIOUS SAM, but here it is Serious (about)RAM.

any how i am sorry.

:crazy: so..this type of lyrics u can post in joke section....

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Ram:
Your system supports RAM to a maximum speed of 1600 Mhz. You currently have this ram. So any RAM with speed <= 1600 can be paired to this DIMM, so YES, you can attach the Corsair 1600Mhz sticks. But they will down clock to the slower ram which is your currently installed Transcend operating at 1333Mhz. And this way if you have 3x sticks you will not get Dual channel mode. It will move to asymmetric -- quite a waste. Ideally if you can source 2x2GB Corsairs, then sell of the Transcend.

thanks. so either i have to go for
1)transcend 1333mhz(existing) & corsair 1333mhz

or

corsair 1600 & corsair 1600 mhz

How to identify RAM:
See the image below.

not able to see any image. however i am giving the cpu-z pic of my RAM.*img405.imageshack.us/img405/6403/xms2ram.jpg

Which Ram to get:
Decide first what I recommended in the first paragraph, will tell you the exact model number. Tell the budget too. Also company specification against the model number are always correct

budget still not decided.

now suggest me a 1333 mhz corsair model which can be paired with transcend stuff.with price.

also tell me corsair 1600 mhz 2x2gb (keeping pace with my proccy & mobo.) in case i sell off transcend.

looking at the price you will give i need to accumulate the fund.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Man!!!

U had a problem and u needed its answer.
Why write a poem for it (then including PUN, read Shibram?)

From next time, please be straight forward.

(b/w I'm a bengali too)

i have read whole lot of lit. in my past 45 years.

i do apologise for applying things in wrong place.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Folks, Please drop the issue :D. Its just an innocent post which already has been edited. I'm sure the Thread Starter understands. And Avi Asigh seems to have given you a very good explanation :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Can you not just sell the Transcend and pick up a 4 GB (2x2GB) Corsair kit. It will be difficult to match those timings. I am always a stickler for "ram should be same company/model/density/speed/timings"...?

Top Bottom