Quest for Scares - Horror games discussion

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Finished RE7. It's a lot less scary once you know how to deal with all the enemies and get a layout of the map. The Baker family weren't that scary, what I found most scary were the ****ing molded because you never know where and when they will appear.

Now will do the Not A Hero DLC next.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Awesome news!!!

I hope it is as Scary as 1 & Whistleblower. part 2 was not that scary.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Part 3 is not out yet. Expected 2021.

I am yet to finish Outlast 1. I will come back to it someday.

setanjan123

In the zone
Started The Medium on Game Pass. Game has serious performance issues and its not just Ray Tracing related it seems. I am not big into horror games but enjoyed it for a while before a monster encounter literally forced me to say nope and quit xD

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Started The Medium on Game Pass. Game has serious performance issues and its not just Ray Tracing related it seems. I am not big into horror games but enjoyed it for a while before a monster encounter literally forced me to say nope and quit xD
wait for some time. patch will fix the bugs

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
How is the game?

setanjan123

In the zone
How is the game?
From what little I've played it's good. It has that old school horror game vibe with fixed camera angles and what not. And the dual world mechanic leads itself to interesting puzzle solving. But I could see it becoming repetitive down the line. And as echoed by others, there aren't many jumpscares from what I can tell but the atmosphere itself is going to make you uneasy. I haven't played many horror games so somebody with more games under their belt may have a different experience.

Top Bottom