Quest for Scares - Horror games discussion

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I played some games such as God of War and God of War 2 on PCXS2 but never used sweetfx....will have to check it out

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have played Resident Evil 4 on PCSX2 though. It's a pretty good game, but the controls are pretty weird, even for controller.

Zangetsu

I have played Resident Evil 4 on PCSX2 though. It's a pretty good game, but the controls are pretty weird, even for controller.

play it on PC..it was officially released for PC

oh..I forgot.

recently i played Resident Evil HD on PC and it was excellent experience playing the 1st RE game on remastered HD

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I know but I figured that its the same game with somewhat better graphics so there won't be much difference. Also, will probably pick it up during some sale if possible.

BTW, does the PC version have mouse aiming?

Zangetsu

I know but I figured that its the same game with somewhat better graphics so there won't be much difference. Also, will probably pick it up during some sale if possible.

BTW, does the PC version have mouse aiming?

I played it long long back..but I remember there was unofficial patch for Mouse aiming

yes it has a patch

checkout moddb.com

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
In other news, The Evil Within 2 coming out: *www.dreadcentral.com/news/234025/e3-2017-evil-within-2-coming-october-looks-anything-ordinary/

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Hey Desmond, if you like Lovecraftian genre, you should try Darkest Dungeon.
Its not horror but its as lovecraftian as it gets.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Been thinking of buying that for a long time, but always there's something to buy during the sales so it gets pushed down in priority.

Thinking of playing Outlast next.

BTW, have you played SOMA and Alien: Isolation? Awesome games both. SOMA has awesome story and characters and Alien: Isolation is a great homage to the original Alien movie.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Ive watched the entire playthrough for Alien Isolation, so its kinda spoilt for me. Ill probably buy it once it clears out of my memory

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Alien: Isolation is on my next game to be played list.
Is it worth playing ?
Definitely! It's more fun if you are a fan of the Alien movies.

Story is told from the perspective of Amanda Ripley, daughter of Ellen Ripley from the movies. You have arrived at a soon-to-be decommissioned space station named Sevastopol orbiting a gas giant. When you arrive, you find that the station is mostly in shambles as the decommission is in progress and lack of supplies causes the human survivors to turn on each other. For at least the first 20 mins of the game, your main enemies will be humans who won't trust you. Since ammo is limited, you have to avoid confrontation whenever possible by using the shadows, hiding in lockers or under furniture, or moving through vents. Then you encounter the Alien, that's when the real game starts. You cannot kill the Alien and you only have to avoid it. The Alien can listen to sounds and will make a beeline to you if you make too much noise, but there are generally ample places to hide so avoiding the alien its not really a huge deal. The game becomes less scary once you get the flamethrower since one puff from it will cause the alien to retreat.

What I liked best is the art style, they really captured the look and feel of the Alien movie in-game. Also, great characters, dialogues and story which follows you trying to uncover how the Alien got onto the station. Also, great plot twists.

Top Bottom