query: western digital caviar green 500 GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbuu

Broken In
I am interested in buying western digital caviar grenn 500 Gb hdd. i would like to know the Rpm of the same.(ie 7200 RPM Or 5400 RPM)(I couldn't find the info in the wd website) Plz reply.

Also watz the diff between caviar green and cAaviar balck.

I am gamer which one should i buy?(ie green or black)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you can pay 6.5k for 1Tb HDD, WD Caviar Black is the way to go coz:

# Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
# 32 MB cache - Bigger, faster cache means faster performance.
Rock Solid Mechanical Architecture
# StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations.
# NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
5 Year Limited Warranty

Caviar Green is avilable for 4.5k for 1Tb and focusses on power savings:

Reduced power consumption - WD has reduced power consumption by up to 40 percent compared to standard desktop drives with the combination of WD's IntelliSeek, NoTouch, and IntelliPower technologies.
Helps enable eco-friendly PCs - WD Caviar Green drives yield an average drive power savings of 4-5 watts over standard desktop drives making it possible for our energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation.
Cool and quiet - WD GreenPower Technology yields lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives.

OP
zbuu

zbuu

Broken In
i dont need 1tb. for nw 500 gb willl do. do knw the price of wd 500 gb avaiar balck.?

OP
zbuu

zbuu

Broken In
@bond
hmm . any way i m a gamer. could u tell a good 500 hdd for Rs 3500 max.

it should hav a rpm of 7200 and also should have 5 years warranty. (no seagate plz)
. plz help.

OP
zbuu

zbuu

Broken In
Thank u bond. so in ur opinion this is the best 500 gb hdd 4 gaming rite?
wat abt samsung and hitachi?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Is Samsung still selling HDDs in India. I thought they are not that much in the market these days and same is the case with Hitachi.

Stick to Seagate or WD which have better market footprint and support infra in India.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
The prices of blacks are the higher than blue or green, blue being the cheapest. I think desibond already mentioned that only 1TB is available in India. You can get a green one, its extremely power efficient.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^I don't think there is any decrease in performance. It's just that when the HDD is not in use, it powers down, thereby reducing power usage. And hence the tag "green"

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Check some reviews, I saw one where WD green whops Seagate 7200.12 in some of the tests. Cant find that link! It was a very comprehensive HDD review with almost all the modern HDD included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom