Query regarding replacing touchpad of lenovo y510p

iamzero

Broken In
hey,

I have an ideapad y510p. My touchpad has sunk a little bit down and was making a loud CUt sound that we have when we press right click. so they agreed to change it to synaptics one from elan.

I have read about many users getting theirs exchanged last year of y500. The question of anyone knows is the Stickers/logos that we have of JBl branded speakers, hd webcam,ultrabay, i7, nvidia graphic card. Will they be removed with the previous touchpad or not..because the engineer told the whole bottom part will be replaced and the new part does not contain the stickers.

Am i wrong or can anyone provide me some details on this issue.? will the new touchpad come with these stickers?

^
They replace the entire top cover to replace the touchpad.
If the stickers(Nvidia+Intel i7+Lenovo sticker on the left) matter to you then you can carefully remove them before the engineer replaces your touchpad+top cover & put them back on the new top cover.
But one thing is for SURE that you wont be getting new stickers on the replacement top cover.

OP
I

iamzero

Broken In
^
They replace the entire top cover to replace the touchpad.
If the stickers(Nvidia+Intel i7+Lenovo sticker on the left) matter to you then you can carefully remove them before the engineer replaces your touchpad+top cover & put them back on the new top cover.
But one thing is for SURE that you wont be getting new stickers on the replacement top cover.
Thanks a lot bro..you were right, however, i have run into some other issues. After the replacement and opening of laptop, the right side besides the touchpad makes a click like sound when pressed and they have agreed to change the back panel to check and fix.

however i am experience serious heating issues after that on normal browser and internet usage. the left side of keyboard heats up as well though he cleaned the laptop infront of me. What do you guys suggest what to do? what to tell him in next visit?

There are constant memory instructions errors and display driver stopped errors. Also i am getting burning smell while using laptop plugged in charging. what can be the issues help!

Top Bottom