Query regarding CGPA and Percentage

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I had a miserable CGPA in coll - 6.67 which according to my university norms equates to 6.67* 9.06=60.73%. I have applied for an exam which has 65% minimum requirement. I disregarded the conversion factor and multiplied my cgpa by 10 to get 66.7%.

Will this be a worrying factor later. I mean there is no official declaration anywhere (online) that we have to multiply the cg by 9.06 to get the equivalent percentage. Nor is it written anywhere in the CGPA marksheets. Do you think if i get selected and then they do a background check, i might get rejected.

I already have 3 years of IT experience . Will the college percentage be a deterrent. Im really worried and confused. Your insights please.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
this site gave me 63.365% for 6.67 cgpa . CGPA to Percentage Calculator, CBSE CGPA Calculator for Class X

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
That is actually dependent on university norms. It is not generic. Generally ranges from conversion factor of 0.9 to 1(Same as cgpa).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
What you feel is true. CGPA to % conversion differs from university to university. Most probably, the institution you're applying will ask a certificate from your college/univ showing actual conversion of CGPA. (this is the norm everywhere afaik)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ask your university or some seniors to know if they provide some official certificate(complete with university stamp/logo etc) stating this conversion when asked for.if yes then you will face issues but if they don't provide such certificate then no worries.

Top Bottom