Query regarding Airtel MO/NOP tariffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Airtel mobile office users must be knowing that Airtel has increased the tariffs for this service in all circles. At places, charges are doubled and at others, unlimited usage plans have been scraped. In Delhi, 499 Rs. unlimited use plan is no more available and now only two (very expensive)plans are there. One withh 125MB free use for rs,. 249 and other giving 600MB free data transfer @Rs. 599pm. I had got the plan activated before increase in the charges, so still on 499 plan for unlimited use.

Now my question is that will I be able to enjoy that plan as long as I wish, or company will be changing my plan to 599 one after some time? CC told that I will be able to use the same plan but one can't trust them. Are Airtel users who had Net On Phone service active before it was scraped still able to use it at Rs. 99pm?

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^There site also shows the new plans (for Delhi)
Lucky if charges not increased in your circle, but I have heard many saying that charges have increased. I think I too need to look for an alternative soon as Rs. 599 for 600 MB is too expensive.

netguy

In To The World
Til a week or 10 days back,
I used to use Mobile Office on my Mobile and connect my phone to my laptop
and browse interner UL all for JUST 15/- bux.

but yesterday when I sent the activation message, I got the reply as such
"Dear Customer, This service has been withdrawn, to activate RENTAL Free Internet,
please dial *567*1#..Usage 30ps 50KB". :( :X

and am totally shocked by seeing this automated msg from Airtel,
am using this MO past 15months.

How come they withdraw the plans like that ??

any ways am from Andhra Pradesh Circle.

and I use Nokia 3110c to connect system to my Lappy.

Guys, could some one help is there any similar thing in any other network
atleast a bit lower data usage charges compared to Airtel ...!!

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Here, in west bengal they already increased their mo charges, now its Rs.999/pm unlimited.....!!!!!!!!!
they may be increasing charges because 3g is coming soon, and they not wanna increase charges then, they trying to make it used to for those time :mad:

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Til a week or 10 days back,
I used to use Mobile Office on my Mobile and connect my phone to my laptop
and browse interner UL all for JUST 15/- bux.

but yesterday when I sent the activation message, I got the reply as such
"Dear Customer, This service has been withdrawn, to activate RENTAL Free Internet,
please dial *567*1#..Usage 30ps 50KB". :( :X

and am totally shocked by seeing this automated msg from Airtel,
am using this MO past 15months.

How come they withdraw the plans like that ??

any ways am from Andhra Pradesh Circle.

and I use Nokia 3110c to connect system to my Lappy.

Guys, could some one help is there any similar thing in any other network
atleast a bit lower data usage charges compared to Airtel ...!!
That's the reason I made this thread. Maybe due to recession, they have increased gprs charges in most of the circles. In Delhi too unlimited use plan has been scraped. And 599 Rs. for 600MB on postpaid is too much.

Here, in west bengal they already increased their mo charges, now its Rs.999/pm unlimited.....!!!!!!!!!
they may be increasing charges because 3g is coming soon, and they not wanna increase charges then, they trying to make it used to for those time :mad:

Confirmed that charges have increased in Delhi, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. Don't know about others.

xtremedia

Broken In
i had MO activated about 3 years back on a post-paid connection. At that time the charges were 199/- monthly rental flat and NO usage charges.
Even today i am being charged at exactly the same rental with ZERO usage charges.
I guess this is because i hav never deactivated my MO service! and i think i will never will as then i would be charged at the current rate if i activate it again.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Which circle?
I am also using the service for the same charges till now.
Called the CC. One executive told that in phases all existing users will be moved to new plan and other said that existing users will be able to enjoy this service at earlier charges provided they don't deactivate it.

xtremedia

Broken In
^^Which circle?
I am also using the service for the same charges till now.
Called the CC. One executive told that in phases all existing users will be moved to new plan and other said that existing users will be able to enjoy this service at earlier charges provided they don't deactivate it.

I am a mumbai customer

netguy

In To The World
Confirmed that charges have increased in Delhi, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. Don't know about others.

NOT INCREASED.....!!
thrown into High into Spaces which is far more un reachable in this life which may never come down.

I dont think Airtel people again comes down in this issue later in the future also..!!

Just tell me guys is there any similar plans in any other networks ?? atleast in your circle ?
Frankly I was with Airtel all these days just for two reasons, for Internet and Network coverage thats it.

Even RIM too is having a better coverage these days ..any ways off topic..!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

:shock:

That's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom