Query on Warranty for LCD Monitors

Soumyajit

Novice
hi all,
I have a 2.5 year old Acer P206HV LCD Monitor. Off late it is giving me certain problems - white lines near the edges (specially top edge), sometimes full screen goes black, then if i scroll the page the page reappears. Sometimes, broad vertical lines and hazy picture.
I placed a complaint on the Acer Customer Care number. Thereafter spoke to the local Service Centre. Acer provides 3 year on site warranty (limited warranty).
Yesterday, the service centre guy landed up with a monitor. But it was different than the one I have. He said that my particular model is not in stock so he got another monitor. He however could not fit it since my motherboard has only a DVI port while his monitor had only VGA port.
I however noticed that the monitor looked used. When I called up the Service Centre Manager and asked, he tried to confuse me.
My question is : If a product is being replaced when under warranty, shouldnt the replacement be necessarily a brand new one?
Sorry for the long post and sorry if I have posted at a wrong thread.
Regards

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, they probably should be providing a new one. Ask them to do so.
And as your PC has DVI port, so ask them to provide a good model with DVI port.

OP
S

Soumyajit

Novice
The Service Centre manager promised to send me a new / fresh piece. However, when the piece arrive, I found that not only did it have scratches, the power cord was actually full of dirt (not a layer of dust but actual hard muck deposited over a period of time). I refused to accept it. The guy who came to give it said they never give new pieces for warranty replacements and its always a repaired one.
What should I do?

ash63425

Broken In
They are supposed to replace yours with a new one. Talk to customer care or launch a complaint with higher authorities.

Top Bottom