Query About HD viewing on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragna

Broken In
Hello Friends,

I recently took a LG LCD TV 32LG80FR JAZZ.
I also took Tata Sky to view some part of my cable channels in absolute quality.
The TV is excellently good with a clear picture quality and very good sound output of 500 W

But my doubt is i am never satisfied with the HD quality of display in my TV,I heard about this player called "Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player".They vow that they can play any media files inserted in to it through an USB can be converted in to 1080p that is Full HD.

So wanted to know whether i can buy this or go in for an BLU Ray player instead to have the absolute quality to be viewed in my TV.

Thanks

Pragna

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It looks to be good enough for your purpose.
Basically it converts any media you put on it to 1080p by interlacing and outputs it to your HDTV via HDMI.
But if the source file is of a low resolution or poor quality then it's not going to make it look any better. Recommended only if you have enough medium to high quality videos to justify the price.

A Blu-Ray player will only play back Blu-Rays and DVD's nothing more. Not worth it.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Upconverting a low resolution file to 1080p will only result in degradation of picture quality and look hopeless.

OP
P

Pragna

Broken In
Thanks for the responses

But i would really like to know which kind of device do i take for it to best viewed in my TV to get a HD quality.

Pragna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom