Query about BSNL 500C+

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Hi... I am now using BSNL 500C+ plan.. which gives me 2.5GB of Bandwidth and NightUL too.

Now the problem...

I was in 500C before where i use to get nearly 270KBps of data transfer. Now after i have shifted to 500C+ I am hardly getting 210KBps of data transfer. Now.. is this something normal or a bit different?

If any of you guys are familiar with this.. please reply me.

Query about BSNL 500C+

azzu

AJJU
off topic : man u gettin awesome speeds in tirupathi
iam on 750 ul plan gettin 27-28 kBps ( **** man ul plans sucks )

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
yes. you will get only 256kbps(256/8 = 32KBps) connection.. Where i am on 2mbps(2048/8=256KBps). I am sure that you know this calculation.

Even at tirupathi, the standard speed for 750UL is 28KBps. The only suggestion i can give is to use IDM for downloads. It will help you to push your connection speed to max when downloading.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
heh, when I was on Home 1000 2mbps in Gurgaon, I used to get max 220 kB/s. You are getting fine. Just be happy with it. :p

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Oh.. gotcha. It is insane. Although the speed depends on some factors like distance from telephone exchange office to your home and some other factors. I don't see any possible reason that will give 80kBps for a limited plan.

I think bsnl in your area is capping the BW.

@ICO, It is not like I am being greedy. I am just curious to know what might be the possible reason.

Flake

Linux User
I have Home 500C Plan at Chandigarh and its giving 220+ KB/s speed. Speed fluctuates sometimes.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Your BB speed is great dude.... im getting max 240KBps in ma 500c plan.

daishi44

Broken In
hello there

i am new to the forums and just like many of you have the 500c connection plan. but mine hardly ever crosses the 180 kbps speed . anyway to boost it to 200+ ???
anyhelp would be very much appreciated :)

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Try Using Download Managers like IDM, DAP. If that didn't helped , I think your telecom district would be capping your BandWidth.. if it is.. there is nothing you can do except to cross your fingers

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
I hve moved frm Mob GPRS frm last couple of years to BSNL 500C+ Plan, gettin' average speed of abt 220 KBps;

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
ok
i have modem which is rather old (utstarcom ut300r2u) nearly 3years old.
and i get speed of around 100 kBps.
i have 500c plan in Patna .
is the problem is of the modem coz my friend gets 150-200 kBps

thenotsodarkknight

Right off the assembly line
yeah i am using 500c and i used to get 220KBps max

my bro, he did something and it now connects at 3.1mbps & not 2.0mbps
and there is a 20kBps difference now

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

if you want to know what it is just tell me

i m using 500c+ from 6 months and never get speeds more than 230 kbps but at night when it start downloading i cant browse, speeds drop a lot.But still its a good choice I think bsnl should provide dedicated speeds at cheaper rates. Businees plans are quite costly but they give awesome speeds .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom