Queries regarding Xbox 360

northzone13

Broken In
Hello fellow gamers, I'm planning to buy a xbox 360 soon. I'm a massive gears of war fan and dying to play the third installment. However I have some queries which I would like for someone( or everyone:grin:) to clarify?

1. How are the graphics of modern day games on the 360?
First of all let me say that i'm not a graphics guy. I prefer good gameplay over graphics everytime. But that does not mean that I'm ok with shitty graphics. The only thing i need to know is that do the visuals on 360 for a game like say crysis 2 look good enough. I know the hardware is old but the games are highly optimized and not having seen the games running on a 360 in person makes me slightly skeptical.

2. 4 gb or 250 gb?
Xbox 360 comes in two models -- the 4gb one and the 250 gb variant. I heard that if u install the game to the hdd ( which you obviously can't do on a 4 gig hdd) load times increase and frame rate issues are less.

3. Any issues with the new slim model? frame rate, freezing, heating?

4. Xbox Live
How exactly is the online multiplayer experience on xbox live? Are we able to connect to the international servers or only the local ones? Any lag issues etc?

P.S - Plz don't suggest me to ditch the idea of getting an xbox and get a gaming pc instead. I know that it's a better option but frankly, I don't have that kind of money. The only reason I'm going with xbox is that it's cheap and gears of war :grin:
Thnx in advance!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Give these threads a read-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/74188-ps3-vs-xbox-360-a.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consumer-...lse/147323-buying-console-ps3-xbox-360-o.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/135904-playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-a.html

OP
N

northzone13

Broken In
Give these threads a read-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/74188-ps3-vs-xbox-360-a.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consumer-...lse/147323-buying-console-ps3-xbox-360-o.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/135904-playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-a.html

dude, these are just comparison threads. Most of the posts are just fanboys defending their consoles. My queries are not answered there.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hello fellow gamers, I'm planning to buy a xbox 360 soon. I'm a massive gears of war fan and dying to play the third installment. However I have some queries which I would like for someone( or everyone:grin:) to clarify?

They are good and multiplatforms are on par with a ps3 or even better due to 360 being the lead platform for most multiplatforms except for a few exceptions. If you want to play 360 exclusives like gears and forza, then get it eyes closed.

2. 4 gb or 250 gb?

Get the 250gb if you can afford the extra amount. Else stick with the 4gb version. You can definitely live without the optional installation of some newer titles like rage. But if you are an xboxlive guy and loves to download tons of gaming content in xbla, then 250gb version is a must.

No, the slim version has no such issues.

4. Xbox Live
How exactly is the online multiplayer experience on xbox live? Are we able to connect to the international servers or only the local ones? Any lag issues etc?

Online experience in xbox live is terrific and is a tad better than psn. Yes its possible to connect to international servers. Check this.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Welcome to the forum. :smile:

First of all let me say that i'm not a graphics guy. I prefer good gameplay over graphics everytime. But that does not mean that I'm ok with shitty graphics. The only thing i need to know is that do the visuals on 360 for a game like say crysis 2 look good enough. I know the hardware is old but the games are highly optimized and not having seen the games running on a 360 in person makes me slightly skeptical.
Most of the multi-platform titles look really good on the 360, as opposed to the PS3. The difference isn't huge, but most 3rd party developers tend to favour X360.Gears of War 3 was EPIC in every sense. Personally, being a Gears fan myself, I had got my 360 specifically for this game and now it's had been more than 2 years with this console and I still continue to game on it. Alan Wake, Metro 2033 and RAGE look absolutely gorgeous on the 360.

2. 4 gb or 250 gb?
Xbox 360 comes in two models -- the 4gb one and the 250 gb variant. I heard that if u install the game to the hdd ( which you obviously can't do on a 4 gig hdd) load times increase and frame rate issues are less.
By installing a game to the hard drive, your game load times are decreased. This doesn't mean your frame rates for a game would increase. If a game is locked at 30fps, then it won't go above that. Installing the game to HDD also ensures minimal disc reading and hence lesser noise.

Freezing is present in every model, lesser in the recent ones though. Frame rates is mainly dependent on games and the change in console model, doesn't change anything. Heating issues in slim are curbed to a great extent. The console now has a feature of popping up with a message of shutting down the console to prevent over-heating. It's a safety measure to provide sufficient cool down time for the console.

4. Xbox Live
Unfortunately, I was never into multi-player gaming, so can't comment on this. However, from what I've heard XBL experience is fantastic and the community is huge. So you should be fine.

Top Bottom