Queries about Steam Traders

setanjan123

In the zone
So ive been recently buying a lot of games from sites like reapershop and steamz and the like . The prices are somehow lower than steam prices even on sale . After a debate with a friend on how safe steam gifts and keys bought from 3rd party sites are ive been in deep thought . How do these traders get the games for so cheap . Ive heard things like they buy from Russia and Brazil where its often cheaper than even India . But still those games are supposed to be region locked . Never have i been required to use VPN to redeem a gift . They are all region locked to India . So they somehow change the region of those games to India ? Is that even possible ? Is it truly safe buying from traders like these ? Have any of you ever gotten your game revoked . If anybody can throw some light into this matter id be thankful .

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Owners of reapershop and steamz used Steamstealers to steal the inventory from other players. They sell the stolen inventory in the steam market to get steam wallet money. To launder this wallet money they sell steam gifts for cheap to customers

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Owners of reapershop and steamz used Steamstealers to steal the inventory from other players. They sell the stolen inventory in the steam market to get steam wallet money. To launder this wallet money they sell steam gifts for cheap to customers

Any source on that?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

That is BS

They normally get the games in trading places like *www.steamgifts.com/trades SteamExchange - Most traded games by normally trading KEYs of CSGO or DOTA

If it were stealing dont you think they would have shut down long time agao?

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
What i dont understand is how are the games so cheaper . I mean somebody had to buy the game from the steam store in the first place innit ? And if its from a lower priced reginon then surely the games will be region locked

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
What i dont understand is how are the games so cheaper . I mean somebody had to buy the game from the steam store in the first place innit ? And if its from a lower priced reginon then surely the games will be region locked

The hidden world of Steam trading | Polygo

And yeah reapershop guy violates Steam's User Agreement.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Huh . So buying from them is risky is it ? Games can get revoked anytime i guess . Who knows . If Steam supported Indian Debit Cards this would be a non issue . Buying wallets is just cumbersome and you end up paying more than the games MRP .

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Huh . So buying from them is risky is it ? Games can get revoked anytime i guess . Who knows . If Steam supported Indian Debit Cards this would be a non issue . Buying wallets is just cumbersome and you end up paying more than the games MRP .

Steam does support Indian debit cards. But there is an issue with certain cards.
*forum.digit.in/internet-www/161111-must-read-information-regarding-indian-debit-cards.html

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Have bought multiple times from Reapershop and steamz and none of the games have been revoked

Sent from my Xperia Z

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Steam does support Indian Debit cards. I use my Axis Bank card. You can also purchase steam wallet through sites like gamersgift.com

sohan_92

In the zone
I can give you a specific example, but those are not applicable for all the games.

> Buy a 2-pack or 4-pack game.
> Redeem a copy for yourself.
> Sell remaining copies more than individual copy price.

Note: a 4-pack game price is much more less than 4 x single copy price.

I haven't encountered multiple pack games in reapershop till now.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Yes i know they support . But not all . I have a UBI card which isnt supported . And buying wallet from gamersgift means i gotta pay more which tbh i dont wanna since i have very limited pocket money .

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes i know they support . But not all . I have a UBI card which isnt supported . And buying wallet from gamersgift means i gotta pay more which tbh i dont wanna since i have very limited pocket money .

You can also check out Entropay. They give you a Virtual CC. Overall, you pay lesser than what you pay for GamersGift

Top Bottom