queries about airtel gprs

Status
Not open for further replies.

papu

Right off the assembly line
hi, i have a airtel prepaid card.i have activated gprs in my mobile and i want to know if they charge anything for browsing various sites.i asked the customer care and they told that they charge for downloading.But that i know.The problem is that they dont know what is the charge for browsing only and reading news etc.i am doing gprs since 2 days and they hav'nt cut any money.But i fear if they will charge something heavy after one month.i am new to gprs and WAP Browsing.I am from ORISSA and i have a samsung x100 mobile phone .PLEASE REPLY

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Well not sure about orissa but here in haryana. there are two plans first one is for rs 299/month which is unlimited i:e you will not charge for downloading/surfing any website from your mobile or pc and second one is r s49/month in which they charge 10 paisa /40 kB download. if you are paying more than 49 then it is unolimited one. dont worry.

thrash_metal

In the zone
Well , i'm from Pune .. and i've been using Airtell GPRS since nearly two years now .. i'm charged 150/- a month (postpaid) . I'm not charged even a single paisa for downloading data on it ... so far i've downloaded 2 - 3 Gb on it ... just 150/- a month .

Ps: The operator generally does not know that you are browsing or downloading .. they just charge for data transferrs .

anupamsinha

Broken In
Downloading doesn't only means that you download a software/document etc. on your System. When you are browsing a site the data from the site is first downloaded onto your system and then you view it. So charging only for downloading should mean that it includes browsing as well.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Having received my first bill from Airtel, I learnt that Mobile Office IS Rs 600 per montth all right. But the local networks give discounts over that. Some states give more, up to Rs 501, to make it Rs 99, others less to make it Rs 299 or so.

thrash_metal

In the zone
For me last year . mobile office was free and after that they charge 150/- a month . Above that this connection is not worth the gig !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom