quake 4 jerky......

Status
Not open for further replies.

santu_29

Journeyman
i am getting a jerky gameplay for quake 4,i.e., it hangs for a fraction of a second after every 10 or 8 seconds, why is that so.... :cry:

cpu- p4-2.4
agp- 256mb geforce 6200
ram- 512mb ddr
hdd- 80gb baracuda

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. a 6200 with 512 MB is not the greatest high end hardware u know ..... i don't think u'll be able to run Q4 at anything higher that 800*600 , Medium settings .....

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
simply choose 640x480 resolutions with high details and try sampling at 2X level with 4x anisotropic filtering.
download latest drivers for ur card.

G

gxsaurav

Quake 4 runs bad with 512 MB RAM, better get 1 GB which is the sweet spot for Quake 4

ambrewz

Broken In
Try updating ur dispaly drivers and make all the settings to the lowest possible That should give u ok LAG free PLAY...

fnatic@play

Broken In
I rather think its the problem wit the P4 and the mobo's bus bandwidth... even still.. do u have problems wit other games like those having skipping sound or somethin? ... ur HDD is a fry...

jus telling from my friends experience.. he has a similar config.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Basically the Outdoor sequences will take a lot of pressure on the Graphics card as it has to Draw multiple textures but as soon as you Go indoors it might get a little better.Considering the 512MB of RAM is the bare minimum requirement and the relatively low bandwidth of 6200 GPU I reckon you better sacrifice every detail of the Advacned settings including turning Off the Shadows which will buy You some frame rates.Also Check for the latest Nvidia drivers and keep em upto date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom