Quake 4 in jans dvd not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

apurvrdx

Broken In
I tried reinstalling it many times but the game wouldnt start it always shows a error ie quake 4 has encounter... send report to microsoft man what can bill gates do from the us sitting in an ac cabin lol just joking!! are others facing this too??? :?: :!:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
no problem with me, 256ram 2.8gh p4 , onboard graphics (915chipset),

i had to run it in low graphics mode it worked, but frame rate isnt playable

Vyasram

The pWnster
@charangk . buy a graphics card for playable framerates andalso ram. IU guess min ram for q4 and doom3 is 384 mb

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
thanks for the sugession Vyasram, but i will not be considering to buy a graphics card for atleast 3 months :( anyway im looking for a gcard in the buget of 4000-6000 which can give me a decent frame rate with medium settings ( shoud work for racing games :D )

g_goyal2000

Youngling
if u have the minimum required configuration, then the problem maybe due to a dll file.
search for openal32.dll file in u'r x:\windows or x:\windows\system32 folder, make a backup copy of it & delete it from windows folder.
If it still does not run, then call idsoft or activision or search the net.

netarget

Broken In
i dont know if there is a problem with my cd or my comp
I keep getting this message
! E:\NFSMWDemo\0compressed.zip: CRC failed in SOUND\SPEECH\copspeech.big. The file is corrupt
! E:\NFSMWDemo\0compressed.zip: CRC failed in TRACKS\STREAML2RA.BUN. The file is corrupt
! E:\NFSMWDemo\0compressed.zip: CRC failed in SOUND\PFDATA\MW_Music_D.mus. The file is corrupt
! E:\NFSMWDemo\0compressed.zip: CRC failed in MOVIES\attract_movie_english_ntsc.vp6. The file is corrupt
! E:\NFSMWDemo\0compressed.zip: CRC failed in FRONTEND\PLATFORMS\CUSTOMIZATION_SHOP.BIN. The file is corrupt
! E:\NFSMWDemo\0compressed.zip: CRC failed in MOVIES\psa_english_ntsc.vp6. The file is corrupt
! E:\NFSMWDemo\0compressed.zip: CRC failed in CARS\SPOILER\GEOMETRY.BIN. The file is corrupt
! E:\NFSMWDemo\0compressed.zip: CRC failed in TRACKS\L2RA\TrackMaps.bin. The file is corrupt

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
in my case, the DVD is not working. I can see the embossed images of DIGIT DVD and QUAKE 4 logos on other side.
I did not want start ne topic, so that's why here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom