Quad Core or Core 2 Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerin3013

Broken In
I want to know about Quad Core Processors

Here Is The Questions:

1 ) Core 2 Duo,Quad Core,Which is better?

2 ) how much cost for 2.6 Ghz And for 3.0 Ghz of Quad Core Processor?

3 ) Is Quad Core is Great for Gaming?

Reply Me plssssssss

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Core 2 Quad will be definitely better in the future.Currently its benefits are bottlenecked by lack of multi threaded applications.
Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Q6600 is a very good processor and can easily overclock to 3.6Ghz with 1.5Vcore.It will then outperform the QX6850 which is at 2.9Ghz or something.Don't bother about buying the 3.0Ghz quad core cause they are very costly.The QX9650 and QX9750 just came and are a pain in the pocket to be purchased.
Quadcore will definitely benefit you in the future for upcoming games like Alan Wake which will be very heavy on most systems.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want some thing for for gaming go for dual core e6850 for the best.( Price & Performance Wise) It's 3 Ghz and has 1333 Mhz fsb. It has 2 cores.
Games are dual core optimized. I don't know of any game that is quad core optimized. You should get it around Rs. 10500-11000.

If you do a lot of multitask go for quad core Q6600. It's a 2.4Ghz beast with 1066 mhz fsb. ( Price & Performance Wise) You should get it around Rs. 9500-10500. It has four cores. ( Price & Performance Wise)

By the way, what is your current config or you're planning to get a new computer.

If you want some thing for for gaming go for dual core e6850 for the best.( Price & Performance Wise) It's 3 Ghz and has 1333 Mhz fsb. It has 2 cores.
Games are dual core optimized. I don't know of any game that is quad core optimized. You should get it around Rs. 10500-11000.

If you do a lot of multitask go for quad core Q6600. It's a 2.4Ghz beast with 1066 mhz fsb. ( Price & Performance Wise) You should get it around Rs. 9500-10500. It has four cores. ( Price & Performance Wise)

By the way, what is your current config or you're planning to get a new computer.
you indirectly proved that quad is better than dual, even costwise:-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Gautham. Quad core 6600 is the best one for now VFM & performance wise & it's the future. Dual core is passe.
Quad Core - Do Even More :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom