Qns Related To C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys..
I am studying in class 10…..Recently I had a C++ exam where the following Qns where asked…………I would be glad if u could answer all these Qns………….

1. Write three data types with their storage?
2. What do you mean by I/0 statements? Write with examples.
3. What is an operator? Write different types of Operator
4. What is constant? Write their types with brief description
5. What is variable? Write their types with brief description
6. How can you declare variables having data type’s "character" and “integer”?
7. How can you declare variables having data type’s "integer" and “float”?
8. Define Relational and Logical operator. Write different types of it?
9. What does the modulus operator (%) do?
10. What are the essential components of any programs?
11. What do you mean by declaration statement? Write with examples

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Thnks in Advance//////////////

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Are you testing us or seriously you don't know answers of these? :D

Open any book of C++ and you will find answers if you don't know.

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
majaak kar diya yaar. dekhke to aisa lagta hai ki poora ka poora pehla chapter chaap maara hai.
By the way aap kaunse board ke ho bhaaisaab .mujhe jitna pata hai ki 10th mein sirf java padaai jaati hai

busyanuj

In the zone
Ron said:
Guys..
I am studying in class 10…..Recently I had a C++ exam where the following Qns where asked…………I would be glad if u could answer all these Qns………….

1. Write three data types with their storage?
2. What do you mean by I/0 statements? Write with examples.
3. What is an operator? Write different types of Operator
4. What is constant? Write their types with brief description
5. What is variable? Write their types with brief description
6. How can you declare variables having data type’s "character" and “integer”?
7. How can you declare variables having data type’s "integer" and “float”?
8. Define Relational and Logical operator. Write different types of it?
9. What does the modulus operator (%) do?
10. What are the essential components of any programs?
11. What do you mean by declaration statement? Write with examples

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Thnks in Advance//////////////

answering them isn't tough but if have followed the course, these should have been a piece of cake for you.

1. i'm assuming you're talking about fundamental data types such as int, float, char etc. just describe them.

2. input output statements are the ones where you're asking the user to give you some input such as
Code:
cin>>a
or displaying some output on the screen
Code:
cout<<"hello world"

3. operators are used to perform operations
they are of various types:
unary ones: such as ++ or --

such as a++ ( it is like a= a+1, increasing value of a by 1)
binary ones: such as a+b etc

i'm sure you're able to follow what the basic operators are, by now (if you intend to be a coder some day)

4. constant as the name implies, is essentially a constant. its value does not change during the execution of the program.
there are various ways of defining constants. if you want to impress your teacher just cite this example:
#define PI 3.14

this sets the value of PI to 3.14

the #define goes just along with the inclusion of the header files before you write the rest of the code

5. a variable is a data type who's value can "vary" during the execution of the program.
example: int a;
now a = 1 or it can be a = 2 etc. you can assign different values to it, so it is a variable.

6. char type goes as: char a
integer goes as: int a

7. int a
float a

8. a relational operator kinda describes the relation between two objects
such as: a > b
or a >=b ( read as a is greater than or equal to b)

logical operators are basically based on boolean set
one logical operator is && (logical AND)

it goes like:
if a == 1 && b ==2 (read it as if a = 1 AND b = 2)

other logical operators include:
|| logical OR
! logical NOT

9. the modulus operator % is used for extracting the remainder
example: 5%2 will give you 1 (if you divide 5 by 2, then 1 is the remainder)

10. the essential component for any program in C++ is the main() function
without it, generally nothing is going to work.

11. as the name implies a declaration of anything simply tells us what is going to follow.
if you declare an integer, you do it because you're going to use that integer later on in the program. likewise for other data types, functions etc

[edit]
if you really intend to learn c++, get a good book for beginning. Robert Lafore shall be fine.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
utsav said:
majaak kar diya yaar. dekhke to aisa lagta hai ki poora ka poora pehla chapter chaap maara hai.
By the way aap kaunse board ke ho bhaaisaab .mujhe jitna pata hai ki 10th mein sirf java padaai jaati hai

Yeah kaunsa board hai??????? X still consists C++. Java is not in school level.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^no yaar. class X doesn't have C++ in CBSE board. C++ starts in class XI and XII (i'm in XII right now). i had studied MS Access and HTML in X

abhishek_del

Journeyman
busyanuj said:
answering them isn't tough but if have followed the course, these should have been a piece of cake for you.

1. i'm assuming you're talking about fundamental data types such as int, float, char etc. just describe them.

2. input output statements are the ones where you're asking the user to give you some input such as
Code:
cin>>a
or displaying some output on the screen
Code:
cout<<"hello world"

3. operators are used to perform operations
they are of various types:
unary ones: such as ++ or --

such as a++ ( it is like a= a+1, increasing value of a by 1)
binary ones: such as a+b etc

i'm sure you're able to follow what the basic operators are, by now (if you intend to be a coder some day)

4. constant as the name implies, is essentially a constant. its value does not change during the execution of the program.
there are various ways of defining constants. if you want to impress your teacher just cite this example:
#define PI 3.14

this sets the value of PI to 3.14

the #define goes just along with the inclusion of the header files before you write the rest of the code

5. a variable is a data type who's value can "vary" during the execution of the program.
example: int a;
now a = 1 or it can be a = 2 etc. you can assign different values to it, so it is a variable.

6. char type goes as: char a
integer goes as: int a

7. int a
float a

8. a relational operator kinda describes the relation between two objects
such as: a > b
or a >=b ( read as a is greater than or equal to b)

logical operators are basically based on boolean set
one logical operator is && (logical AND)

it goes like:
if a == 1 && b ==2 (read it as if a = 1 AND b = 2)

other logical operators include:
|| logical OR
! logical NOT

9. the modulus operator % is used for extracting the remainder
example: 5%2 will give you 1 (if you divide 5 by 2, then 1 is the remainder)

10. the essential component for any program in C++ is the main() function
without it, generally nothing is going to work.

11. as the name implies a declaration of anything simply tells us what is going to follow.
if you declare an integer, you do it because you're going to use that integer later on in the program. likewise for other data types, functions etc

[edit]
if you really intend to learn c++, get a good book for beginning. Robert Lafore shall be fine.

I don't know where busyanuj got so mcuh time to answer such crap

utsav

damn busy...
@xbonez i am also in 12th standard and to clear the confusion class 10th syllabus contains blue-java and 12th c++ as said by u.

@navjotsingh ye ICSE board hai jisme blue-j padaai jaati hai.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys
I am studying in class 10....
Board : CBSE
Location|: Kathmandu, Nepal.........

busyanuj said:
Thnks a Lot busyanu.............

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
C++ in Class 10 WOW all we were taught was Punch cards and Generations of computers and stuff
Yes Buddy .....according to the ncert books.The syllabus goes like this.......
Generation of computers .......Ms Access.........Html....It Application..........etc........

But our school teacher is mad......She completed this HTMl in class9 and now she is teaching us C++ ........without giving any notes...or books.............

navjotjsingh said:
Are you testing us or seriously you don't know answers of these?

Open any book of C++ and you will find answers if you don't know.
Hey buddy It is immpossible for me to test u all......How can a clas 10 buddy can test such talented personalities............
.i really dont know the answers.............

Yaa ......i can find all these answers in a book..........But the Question is From where can i get a Book................as this chapter is not in our course book.......

Recently in my Unit Test ......All these Qns'w were asked....

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
utsav said:
Nah in ICSE u can either choose Java or C++ in 9th,10th n u'll study the other language in 11th,12th , i.e. if you choose Java in 9th then u study C++ in 11th n vice versa .

Ofcourse , what u study in 9th depends on ur school .

cooldip10

In the zone
Man I learned C++ in eleventh(CBSE board).
You must be having a very tough time. One thing shocks me is that your teacher is not referring any book!! :shock: a book is must for the theory of C++.
Better take a book. Otherwise you will find yourself typin question her on DIGIT when Arrays And other data structures will be taught

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
cooldip10 said:
Man I learned C++ in eleventh(CBSE board).
You must be having a very tough time. One thing shocks me is that your teacher is not referring any book!! :shock: a book is must for the theory of C++.
Better take a book. Otherwise you will find yourself typin question her on DIGIT when Arrays And other data structures will be taught

yes buddy.i think i am gona to hv a tought time if Loop is taught...........
but the problem is i am unable to find a gud book which only deals about basic information...............Recently in my Ut......All these Qns were asked..........Imagine the situation......I was not knowing a single answer.....i gave tthe exam by writing all useless stuffs like importance of c++, Header files, Semicolon ,,,,,etc..............In additon in the Theory exam ......My teacher aksed me to write programs i.e Calculate the volume of cuboid, Cone., .....Write the program to print out ethe sum of two digits, etc..................

utsav

damn busy...
^^ i think that programs like to calculate the volume of sphere ,cuboid etc r not that tough .they r just the basic's of c++ at school level and i hav a experience that evry1 encounters problms mostly in while and do loops.the for loop is the easiest of all 3 types of loops

For basic C++ at school level, Introduction to C++ by Sumita Arora, is the best book. Easy language, simple stuff ........i am saying on the basis of personal experience .... get hold of both editions of it( for XIth and XIIth, NCERT Syllabus) ......very good book.....give it a try

nikhil ramteke

s,b+..u cn..
o mai ye kya dekh riya pape?kuch alaghi discussion chalu hai...sirf ek ans aur phir uspe bhi discussion..
us discussion pe bhi discussion...baki interesting hai!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom