Bang! Bang!
[Q]Which company has the most reliable mini Laptops/Netbooks

I've always seen HP laptops with failing batteries and chargers
Lenovo laptops with failing keyboards
dell laptops with failing dvd drives
compaq and toshiba with overheating problems
vaio with ever increasing prices.
acer with bad design resulting in overall failure

Its seems like getting a trouble free laptop is just a plain luck.

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
If you compare every laptop manufacturer like that then you won't be able to buy a laptop in this life..:D

Not all laptops from all the brands you have mentioned are bad...it depends on specific models. If you plan to buy a laptop just look for the config and price range you can afford and lookout for reviews or user opinion for that specific model you chose.

And why did you leave apple macbook from your list...Do you think they produce laptops that would remain intact for a lifetime:D

OP
noja

noja

Bang! Bang!
I don't like mac [no windows/expensive/white]
I just saw a dell mini laptop, looked quite nice. but I don't know whether atom cpu is capable of playing 1080p video.

R2K

In the Zone
^^
windows can be installed on a macbook but it would be the most retarded thing you can do in a lifetime:D
Seriously i can't believe you are looking for a dell mini after all your awesome laptop brand generalization:D..:grin::grin::wink:
I mean even if atom proccy of dell could play a 1080p video what is the use of viewing those videos with that huge resolution on a tiny screen like that of a dell mini:shock:
but if Screen size doesn't matter to you then you are looking at a nice machine

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
INTEL makes GOOD LAPTOPS...... :D

Seriously, @OP Go for ASUS, Toshiba and Dell (Inspiron & XPS)

Rest are crap. even that sony vaio :x

OP
noja

noja

Bang! Bang!
^^
windows can be installed on a macbook but it would be the most retarded thing you can do in a lifetime:D
Seriously i can't believe you are looking for a dell mini after all your awesome laptop brand generalization:D..:grin::grin::wink:
I mean even if atom proccy of dell could play a 1080p video what is the use of viewing those videos with that huge resolution on a tiny screen like that of a dell mini:shock:
but if Screen size doesn't matter to you then you are looking at a nice machine
I want the laptop for downloading such content. I'd like it to play HD content since my phone can play regular dvd resolution just fine. I do have a desktop but its at home and this laptop will just be a temporary home for all HD content.
ASUS and Toshiba are among the best in making reliable laptops apart from Apple.

can they last if I keep them ON 24hours x 365days

Maybe I should change the thread name to mini laptops.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I want the laptop for downloading such content. I'd like it to play HD content since my phone can play regular dvd resolution just fine. I do have a desktop but its at home and this laptop will just be a temporary home for all HD content.

can they last if I keep them ON 24hours x 365days

Maybe I should change the thread name to mini laptops.

Not safe to run it 24x365. It may last the initial year but the lifespan will definitely take a major hit.

Rest are crap. even that sony vaio :x

Code:
vaio with ever increasing prices.

Why ?? I was using Asus model, and it went kaput in 2 month time, had to visit their service center to replace display, then later ram, etc. Oh I cant forget what bad experience that was for me.

Sold that and purchased Vaio. Now, I am in love with the solid build of Sony laptops and the design of the keyboard. Its best quality man, no issues till now and I can even play Crysis 2/COD/NFS Shift 2 silently (No fan noise like Asus model does).

But that's just my personal experience.

PS: If you can afford to pay premium price i.e. Sony, never go for cheap models from Asus and Lenovo. They are worst in after sales support.

Top Bottom