PWN 2 OWN over: MacBook Air gets seized in 2 minutes flat

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the onbly time i recommended some 1 to buy a mac book air i got a reply that its more vulnerable than vista :D .... my uncle is going to japan and i told him to get the mac book air he apparently who came to know abt this before me (lack of net for youngsters) said im happy with my vista - its more secure :D .... and i was like oh damn the only time i supported the mac i got pwned

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Hang on!
Secunia here shows IE7 with 35% unpatched vulnerabilities and safari with nil.
So I think it can be presumed that the challenge here was to find a yet undisclosed vulnerability to own the system.
considering that windows/IE are 10x more popular than MAC/safari it becomes sort of obvious that the Mac wld fall first..
right??

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Hang on!
Secunia here shows IE7 with 35% unpatched vulnerabilities and safari with nil.
So I think it can be presumed that the challenge here was to find a yet undisclosed vulnerability to own the system.
considering that windows/IE are 10x more popular than MAC/safari it becomes sort of obvious that the Mac wld fall first..
right??
thats actually 8 unpatched out of a total 23 vulnerabilities...

and the highest critical among the 8 has a rating of 'moderately critical' which is a mid value...

just thought would put this stuff up... cos saing 35% blandly is very alarming ;)

_

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, that's just sensationalism. But the fact that it was the first one to go down is really a shame (either that or the MacBook Air was the most coveted prize :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom