Pursuing bachelor's degree in US

Vignesh B

Youngling
Hi guys, I am planning to do my bachelor's from US. Presently am in my 12th standard now. Would love to go for CS or IT there.
I have applied for SAT & TOEFL.
As far as academics is concerned am not in the creamy layer but still manage to get around 80-83%.
Please share your views, the pros and cons and any other valuable info.

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
In fact I had got into SIT last year, but due to health reasons I couldn't come to Mangalore.
Since i got only 63 last time in Maths, am writing an improvement this time around(so the statement pursuing my 12th :p)

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^Hmm, yeah, quite true.
Preparations are on, lets see.
In fact my eyes are set on Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Illinois. MIT is of course there at the top.

ribhu97

The Dragonborn(Dovahkiin)
@theserpent SAT isn't based on a ranking system like the IITJEE in India
@Vignesh B small mistake that MIT is the best.....it isnt its 2nd while CalTech at the top....
AND NOW YOUR MAIN PROB
Going to a US UNIV is a gr8 exp...u also get an almost 85% job placement guarantee if u go to 1 of the top 30 univs there
To get into one of them u need about 2100/2400 marks in SAT(both)..
Then u need recommendations from ur teachers and counsellor....(teachers hv 2 b relevant like if u want a degree in Science a recom frm Phy or Chem will do)
Next the optional part....
If u r gud @ sports atleast zonal level participation cert will do..
Or if u r gud @ music or dance or arts get sum kind of cert..(not sure what grade sumwhere bw 4- 8 grade) and u will hv 2 play the instrument or dance or sing 4 dem, no if u go 4 art then they will ask for sum of ur paintings
Or sum community service (helping poor etc....)
Remeber-Gud marks in School doesnt always mean easy admission..u WILL hv to be an all rounder.
THERE IS ONLY ONE CON
FINANCE - Some univs giv scholarships sum dont watch out 4 them....
HOPE IT HELPED

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
@Vignesh B small mistake that MIT is the best.....it isnt its 2nd while CalTech at the top....
Ok.

Going to a US UNIV is a gr8 exp...u also get an almost 85% job placement guarantee if u go to 1 of the top 30 univs there
To get into one of them u need about 2100/2400 marks in SAT(both)..
Ok, will try my level best to get a good score.

Then u need recommendations from ur teachers and counsellor....(teachers hv 2 b relevant like if u want a degree in Science a recom frm Phy or Chem will do)
Will do that. Dad has got plenty of friends in the CS department here in IIT Roorkee.

If u r gud @ sports atleast zonal level participation cert will do..
Or if u r gud @ music or dance or arts get sum kind of cert..(not sure what grade sumwhere bw 4- 8 grade) and u will hv 2 play the instrument or dance or sing 4 dem, no if u go 4 art then they will ask for sum of ur paintings
Or sum community service (helping poor etc....)
Sports is not cup of tea. Though have been learning music for the past 15 years. Got plenty of certificates involving playing the keyboards and guitar. Hope that will do.

Remeber-Gud marks in School doesnt always mean easy admission..u WILL hv to be an all rounder.
Got your point. Will try to portray myself as best as possible.

FINANCE - Some univs giv scholarships sum dont watch out 4 them....
Noted the point.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yup exactly to get into USA schools
you need good marks+At least you play sports+Certificates+Good in speaking

Top Bottom