Purchasing basic modem

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Hello people for the past 8 years I have been using airtel and was using my tata indicom modem (XAVi) for these days.
Also I have setup a combo with a new Wi-Fi router ASUS RT-N13U REV.B1 in recent years..

This combo of tata indicom modem + ASUS WiFi worked fine ..
Now I have availed a new bsnl connection and the tata modem doesn't hold good with bsnl configuration.. Every time I restart my modem if forgets the settings and I have to reconfigure it ..

So I have decided to buy a basic modem alone and pair with ASUS WiFi

What do you people say?
Get a basic modem from bsnl itself or buy something other ?

Need your suggestions please.. Thank you :D

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Going to buy a
DSL-2520u ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Combo Router

and pair with ASUS N13U revb1

any better choice ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You can get a modem from outside or you may choose their Type I modem. Type II Modems are WiFi ones, as you already have WiFi Router you can go for Type I and configure it with your WiFi Router.

While choosing Modem from BSNL, you can opt to buy or can take in rental basis. The difference is, if you buy the modem, the warranty will be valid for 1 year and if anything goes kaput after that you have to invest. While on rental BSNL will take care of any issue with the modem lifetime (till you are on their service).

I have been using BSNL modem for 5 years, and nothing has gone wrong, neither I heard much about BSNL Modems going kaput..!!

Anyway, at the end of the day it's your decision.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
i suggest tp-link.
+1, comment for whitestar.

Going to buy a
DSL-2520u ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Combo Router

and pair with ASUS N13U revb1

any better choice ?

Was using originally UT-STARCOM Modem WA3002-g1(Type-II) purchased from BSNL,but after change in plan to ULD950(previously 900)unlimited Plan,the modem was unoperable,due to BSNL fixing on the condition that ULD900/950 Plan users should ONLY USE ADSL2+ modem.

After that, currently using D-Link DSL-2520U ADSL2+ modem/router,which was quite good.

Now going to use TP-Link TD-8817 ADSL2+ modem/router which will be the best,as according to various reviews.

gcbeldar

In the zone
+1, comment for whitestar.

Was using originally UT-STARCOM Modem WA3002-g1(Type-II) purchased from BSNL,but after change in plan to ULD950(previously 900)unlimited Plan,the modem was unoperable,due to BSNL fixing on the condition that ULD900/950 Plan users should ONLY USE ADSL2+ modem.

You mean, you cannot use Any Modem Cum Wifi Router with Bsnl Connection ?
I dont think so............

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
You mean, you cannot use Any Modem Cum Wifi Router with Bsnl Connection ?
I dont think so............
Of course you can---> PRESENTLY, NOW.

It was not the situation then,I mean back on 2006,as per (BSNL's site) conditions on Broadband connection.

Top Bottom