Purchasing a new LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
^^Which games u wanna play ?? I don't think its a good idea to play games in this HD LCD with 9600GT. Or u can upgrade ur GPU later also.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah i m going to upgrade later to GTX260 or 4870.....my doubt is can i currently play games at lower resolution than native 1080

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
but a review said this
"one major problem i find with this monitor is that it does not like any other res except for 1920x1080. if you play a game that is lower res and cannot be adjusted up, a display popup comes on in front of your game saying that the monitor is not at the optimal res and wont go away and then go to sleep after a minute. have to turn it off and on to get back to end the game. very frustrating"

now i really love few classics like warcraft 3 and few others....will i be able to play them at 4:3 with black strips both sides

gsmsikar

Journeyman
go for a LCD TV from LG or Samsung

19" LCD TV from LG costs 14K ( with scheme) full HD compatible
*www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=304&pid=7837&subcat=LH20&parent=LCD TV

22" LCD TV from samsung costs 17K , full HD
*www.samsung.com/in/consumer/detail...levision&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LA22A450C1LXL

out of these samsung is better , i think

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

*www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=304&pid=7837&subcat=LH20&parent=LCD TV

*www.samsung.com/in/consumer/detail...levision&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LA22A450C1LXL

:shock:

OMG

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
but a review said this
"one major problem i find with this monitor is that it does not like any other res except for 1920x1080. if you play a game that is lower res and cannot be adjusted up, a display popup comes on in front of your game saying that the monitor is not at the optimal res and wont go away and then go to sleep after a minute. have to turn it off and on to get back to end the game. very frustrating"

now i really love few classics like warcraft 3 and few others....will i be able to play them at 4:3 with black strips both sides

surinder

Tech addict

wake up man its June 2009.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
You people are not answering my question and hovering over this TV thing.....for the third time :
but a review said this

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^That is the case with any LCD monitor. You HAVE to put it at native resolution. But that resolution problem shouldn't be an issue. that reviewer should've updated drivers etc.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
desiibond is right, he must have not installed the drivers for this monitor. It doesn't happen with me, I can set any other resolution also, other than native resolution.

But it keeps on displaying this message "Not optimal resolution" before loading wndows. When the screen comes for Windows loading, then all becomes normal.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Finally bought Samsung 2233SW and ohhh my god!!! its so beautiful.....got it for Rs.10200 + Rs. 300 for DVI cable

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks friends.....and working great with 9600GT currently....playing SIMS 3, Fallout 3 and Burnout at lil lower then full resolution and its really stunning

Arnab boss

In the zone
Play games like farcry2 and cod4,gta4 in 1920* 1080...,its awesome..'

My friend has the same config so I can tell u just enjoy the full hd features of this moniter...'

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
thanks friends.....and working great with 9600GT currently....playing SIMS 3, Fallout 3 and Burnout at lil lower then full resolution and its really stunning
HEy congrats on ur purchase dude, im planning to buy that same LCD.. can u jus tell me (while playing Farcry2) is ther any sort of ghosting or lag while u move/shoot at fast speeds.. ?? or the monitor handles everything really smoothly.. ???

A quick reply wud be really gr8 as i will make a purchase by today or tomorrow.. :)
----------

Also, wat cables cam bundled with the LCD and whic ones u had to buy separately.. ?? :) (i hv gtx 280 gpu).. :)
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, i knw i knw dude.. :)

but....the only thing im concerned is the size of the LCD, it will jus NOT fit onto my table..tats been my major problem.. :( (and NOT price) .... so u hv any LCD in mind (apart from 2233SW)... ???...coz the Acer LCD was 56.8Cms in length (horizontally) wich was too big for my table as the CPU is also on that same table (hope u got the idea).. :(

See this thread ---------> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110397
(i hv pics) of my working space (at home) so now u'll get a clear idea that on one side (left) is the wooden cupboard wall and on the other side (right) i hv my rig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom