TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Recently bought a new PC with the configurations listed below….

Motherboard - Intel DH61WW (Priced – 3550/-)
Processor – 2nd Gen Intel Dual core 2.7 GHZ G630 (Priced – 3450/-)
RAM – Strontium DDR3 4GB 1333 MHZ (Priced – 1150/-)
Hard Disk – Seagate Barracuda 500 GB (Priced – 3450/-)
Graphics Card – XFX Radeon HD 5450 Model HD-545X-ZCH3 (Priced – 2050/-)
N.B.- It is a Fan Less GPU and Temp is around 58-60 Celsius after 1 hour of hard gaming..Is it okay..?
Cabinet + SMPS - iBall i9090 (Priced – 1450/-)
ASUS DVD RW External - (Priced – 1800/-)

Total CPU Unit -16900/-

All the items were purchased from Easern Logica Infoway (Kolkata) on Mid-September 2012..All the given prices were excluding VAT.
I’m a College Student and also a Low-Level Gamer..as because I’m happy with Call Of Duty II, NFS Most Wanted, Crysis I (At Low Settings), Painkiller, Desert Storm 2, Max Payne 2..

If anyone has any of the peripherals listed above may share their experiences..Actually I prefer help from True User..Also suggestions or guidance is needed from Tech-Masters for future buying..And this is my first post to this helpful forum.. :oops::p:razz:

tomys24

Broken In
congrats for new pc.

buddy, why two similar threads ? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/164282-purchased-new-pc.html

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
congrats for new pc.

buddy, why two similar threads ? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/164282-purchased-new-pc.html

Thanks..Actually it was a mistake...I've deleted the identical post.:|

Last edited:

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
Congratulations for your new purchased!
Your configuration look pretty nice even good for gaming, and what about the screen which one you're using? And of what size?

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
##Lalit Kishore
Thanks..I'm currently using an old CRT monitor..Also i,m thinking to buy a new one..And i've posted a new thread on it..to get suggestion from you...Hope you read this..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...318-need-guidance-suggestion-led-monitor.html

##theserpent
Thanks..for the info..After huge reading on this topic over internet,I also think 58-60 c isn't any problematic issue on Radeon GPU..

aloodum

Journeyman
Congrats on the buy....

^^ few questions:
Whats the warranty on the hard disk?
Why did you not opt for the corsair value rams? Even if with the same latency , they offer more warranty (10 yrs vs 3yrs) for a almost the same price.

Regarding the GPU, the temps are fine and you cant do anything about it apart from improving airflow in your cabinet or slapping a fan on that heat sink by getting creative.
If possible , save some money and invest in a better GPU(even used but with warranty) and a branded smps in the future.

COngrats and enjoy your new machine!!

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
#*aloodum*#Thank you for your comment..:oops:
The HDD comes with 1 Year warranty..and this is my first build CPU.(New). I didn't know about the Corsair RAMs at that time..But after reading various reviews from various places i think it is true that you said..not only for the warranty but also for performance..Though the said Strontium Comes with hynix chips and their website & also the RAM carry case shows "Lifetime Warranty"..!!! :shock:Though i will definitely buy Corsair next time..

I know the GPU is very low priced..actually it is the starting GPU for low-level users..and it is my first GPU.I think you understand.:-D
may you suggest a good SMPS for me..with your own experience..?:-o
Anyway Thanks Again..

aloodum

Journeyman
no issues mate...
I think Western Digital carried 2 years at the time of your purchase. Also i think seagate has increased the warranty to 2 years in late September only.Do double check once again. try the online seagte warranty checker tool. Download the seagate info tool to get details like s/n, model number on a easy to copy format.

Regarding Rams, hynix /hyundai are decent ram makers, and comparing with value line from corsair/kingston, the performance is quite similar.Do remember that your cpu only supports DDR3-1066 IIRC :) Anyhow you`ll be informed better next time. Regarding lifetime warranty, it depends upon the company what they define as lifetime of the system, not yours :p ..some peg it at 3 years, some at the standard 5 years and some 10 years.

Regarding smps, it depends primarily on your budget and the upgrade roadmap you see in the coming time, like are you going tio upgrade to a heavier load gfx card, or a quad core setup with overclocking etc. For the budget conscious the corsair cx 430v2 should do fine..bettered by the vs 450 and then you have the like of Gs 500 at the mid range.I insist on corsair for their build quality, reliability and no questions asked rma policy. :)
As a thumb rule, always buy a psu which will be adequately over your current needs.A good psu never hurts and save you money in the long term! Cheers!

Top Bottom