PSU help ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
what PSU and how many watts to go for this configuration ??

asus mainboard
core 2 duo(stock cooler)
2x 8800gt in sli
2x 500gb HDD
sony dvd-rw
2x 2gb ram

pls dont tell me to test with some extreme power calculator.
i am confused, as they show strange, and different people suggest different amount of watts.
anyone having this config or running SLI pls let me know how much watts i need ?

thanks!!

RexRazr

Broken In
cooler master extreme power duo 600w (SLI ready) will do the job but u can go for 650w if u want...

Go for ocz gamextreme 750watt
that would be the safest option providing you with some future proofing as we all know about the 2xx gtx series
dont go for a high wattage local psu unless you want to get your components fried

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i vote for corsair hx620W although OCZ is also very good. .be cautious since these psu's have power factor correction . they may not be compatible with ur ups. ( u may need a pure sine wave ups ). cooler master real power 650W is also a good choice.

PS

i dont think cooler master extreme power series psu will suffice. if u buy from cooler master , make sure its from the real power series.

RexRazr

Broken In
i wasn't talking abt the normal cooler master extreme ones...they wont suffice surely...but the duo series provides SLI and crossfire support and can handle 3 or more SATAII HDDs simultaneously

kuki_295

Journeyman
I thought instead of creating a new thread i'll just ask the question here-
Earlier i was thinking of getting CoolerMaster RP-600-PCAR Extreme Power 600W
but then i thought if i ever wanna get a sli config i'll need better psu
so can
Corsair 620W Power Supply (CMPSU620HX) 6350Rs Corsair 650W Power Supply(CMPSU650TX) 6150Rs handle 2 8800 GT's

i hav a 8800GS right now but i will upgrade my pc after 4 or 5 months.
actually i think i am confused between getting 2 GT's or just a single Ati 4*** series card.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i wasn't talking abt the normal cooler master extreme ones...they wont suffice surely...but the duo series provides SLI and crossfire support and can handle 3 or more SATAII HDDs simultaneously

of course not. . i did not direct my comment to ur post. quite a lot of the cooler master psu's in the market are extreme power ones and i dint want the OP to buy one of those . so i just made that point clear.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Corsair 620hx ftw.but remember to pay 7-8 for a sine wave ups too.if its out nd budget go with real power pro 550 by cooler master.the 600w psu does not have a 8 pin connector for motherboard and will cause troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom