PSU for a gaming rig???

Centurion

Right off the assembly line
At first i considered to get a laptop to be used for gaming mostly,but after some time i decided to go for a desktop.I don't plan to overclock the cpu,so i intend on getting i5-2400 with a H67 MoBo.
This is the config that i got in mind and i can afford with my budget(I'm Europe based btw):

CPU: Core i5-2400
MB: ASUS P8H67-M LX (waiting for B3)
GPU: Sapphire HD 6850
Memory: Kingston 2x2GB 1333MHz DDR3
HDD: HDD SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ SATA2 7200rpm, 32MB (or Western Digital 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 32MB 7200rpm WD Caviar Blue WD10EALX) - i'll go for the F3,the cav blue is a backup in case i dont find the F3
Case: ATX Midi Tower Case Hantol HC2007S w/o PSU
Optical Drive: DVD RW +/- Samsung 22x Black SATA SHS223

Now,the question is:
Is 550w PSU enough for this config??
If it is i got 2 options in mind:
1. CHIEFTEC A135 550W, APS-550S
or
2. Cooler Master GX 550W
Which one do you think is better??
Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
Go for fsp saga II 500w @2.3k or corsair vx450w @3.4k, the psu you mentioned are not good at all

MegaMind

Human Spambot
intel DH67BL is better mobo than ASUS P8H67-M LX at the same price...
Since ASUS P8H67-M LX lacks usb 3.0 & has only 2 RAM slots...

For psu,
corsair vx450 can power upto 6950 2GB...
If that is enough, get it or if u needed much faster card in future get corsair vx550..
forget cooler master anyday...

OP
C

Centurion

yeah definitely switching to Corsair VX 450W :smile:
as ive read in one review:
a relatively inexpensive power supply that even though is sold as being a 450 W unit can deliver up to 570 W at 48º C – in fact Corsair could have easily labeled this power supply as a 500 W unit, but they preferred to stay on the safe side.

Now about the motherboard,
where i live Intel mobo's have a lot of negative reputation from customers/users.So i prefer not to go with them.Instead i've found another board that has a reasonable price which fits into my budget:

Asrock H67M-GE

What do you guys think of it?? Unlike the last one i opted for this one has 4 ram slots, 2 USB 3.0 ports and another interesting thing that goes with it:
Free Gift: 1 x 3D Red/Cyan Anaglyph Glasses :)

lordirecto

In the zone
@OP: First, when you are from Europe, why are you posting on a Indian based forum?
Asrock is a good mobo, go for it if your budget permits. Also look at EVGA if you can, I guess it has a good reputation in Europe.

OP
C

Centurion

@OP: First, when you are from Europe, why are you posting on a Indian based forum?
Asrock is a good mobo, go for it if your budget permits. Also look at EVGA if you can, I guess it has a good reputation in Europe.

I've made an account to this forum as i saw that it has a big community and people who understand the hardware a lot more then me,and also help each other with advices,opinions etc.Not to mention the forum language is English.As you can read from my posts my questions were hardware based,whether the config i'm trying to build will have any hardware confrontations.I wasn't asking around where i can buy stuff.So from that point it doesn't matter if i'm from India,Europe,Mars,whatsoever...In the end - no hard feelings.

lordirecto

In the zone
In the end - no hard feelings.

:rofl:
I did not mean to be mean towards you since you are posting here. I was curious that people from outside India were taking notice of this forum, so asked. I also used to assume that there were much better forums out there as most of the west are the leaders in computer manufacturing.
From what you say, it seems my assumption was wrong, atleast to some extent.

Top Bottom