PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
good review. can i install cfw on my psp with official firmware 3.93@play god of war it is freaking awersome.

OFW? you will need pandora battery in order to do that.
I upgraded 3.71 m33-2 cfw to 3.90 m33-3 , easy :) .

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ For PSP phat the process is easy i suppose and does not need pandora batt , although I am not sure as i never chked for it. All i know that it is easy and less risky thing to do.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
If you live near Mumbai you can get your slim modded from there, although it is a 2 min task but the person may charge upto 500 for that. If you have a Phat psp then google for how to mod a phat.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i have slim and broke a battery already on making it pandora by lifting a IC. , Datal tools or Service battery is what i want . Pandora battery is multipurpose , not only to install CFW . but can unbrick any psp . also the service mode looks cool .!

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i am not able to install 4.01 m33. when i start installing from my psp it says"the game could not be started(80020148)"
what should i do??

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
You are installing it over CFW na? which version?

Make sure you have downloaded Sony 4.0 OFW in correct folder before running the CFW eboot.

The problem can also be because of corrupt download, i suggest you re-download it and try.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
no cfw i have 3.95. i had both ofw and cfw in the same folder as said in the readme included.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hmm,

Dark Alex does not list this CFW on his site , i think 3.95 is not by him (not sure). May be there is other way of installing in this case. The readme provided by DA may be applicable to his CFW only. Just a guess.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i've tried re downloading those files but it still doesn't work

its listed on the website.
here *dark-alex.org/index_psp.php

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Girish I checked the page and could not find 3.95 , is your firmware 3.95 Gen or Gen-2 ?
I read somewhere that 4.0 Gen will be coming soon. Maybe you can wait till then.

You can try one thing , if you have any homebrew plugins enabled then disable them from recovery menu and try again with the upgrade process.

-----------------------

There is a option for network update mode in the recovery menu for 3.95 gen, options available there are Sony, GEN and M33 try selecting m33 and then update. Seriously i dont know a thing abt 3.95 gen , do it only if you know what you are doing. I read this somewhere so suggesting it.

---------------------

From what i have read so far GEN team modifies DA's CFW, so they will be releasing 4.0 gen soon as DA already released his CFW. Still you can try as there is no restriction that once on GEN then you have to be always on GEN. See this link

*sicksand.net/post/36836362/psp-cfw-3-95-gen-officially-released

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
sorry dude big mistake i have 3.93 not 3.95. do have to install 4.01 before installing m33. atw which fw do you use

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I am using 3.90 m33-3 , no plans to install 4.01 until it becomes a necessasity. 4.0 is a whole new kernel , no homebrew for it yet and unlike phat i cannot use 1.5 kernel addon on my slim in order to use 1.5 supported homebrew apps.

Have you tried IR shell? I want to try but scared to implement it.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i have never used any custom firmware my luck is really bad please help me to install this one.can you give the link of 3.95 gen its really slow on my psp browser

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Never used any CFW? the method listed iin the readme is for upgrading CFW to CFW only . You can not directly put CFW on Sony's orignal firmware.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Yes if you currently have orignal firmware on your PSP then you will have to downgrade it by pandora battery than install CFW on it. Or contact someone who can mod your PSP for you.

superboysahil

Broken In
I own a phat version with the latest 4.01 m33-2. The thing I like the most is that I can customize it to the max! and I'm not saying to install a theme created by other but by me.

I think digit should make a detailed article on it. How to downgrade it via a pandora battery and others. I'm not saying that digit should make an article about iso's! but other things like custom theme, plugins and homebrews! and for the last time HOMEBREWS AINT A PIRACY THING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom