PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
------------

guys, anyone playing any new PSP games out here..??? im still on 3.90 m333 (*)fw, has anyone updated their fw's to play gran turismo or any game.. do post an update yaar....

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Wll i am busy with my PSP :D.
Scroll down on this page
*www.techenclave.com/events-and-meets/techenclave-psp-meet-pune-31st-oct-148920-5.html

Ashu i will be soon upgrading to 5.50 GEN D firmware. Will post here when done.

shri

Always Fresh!
Finally bought a 4GB stick.
Bought it at SP Road Bangalore, for 1k with bill and 5 year warranty.
Started SOCOM yesterday. Is it good?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Shri: SOCOM and tat too good..??? lol.. :p
Its freaking awesome dude....

btw, wich socom u started playing..??? i mean there are 3 naa i mean (with the recent launch) total comes up to 4 SOCOM titles as:

1.) Socom-Fireteam Bravo
2.) Socom-Fireteam bravo 2
3.) Socom-Tactical Strike (really gr8 graphics and game play)

and the latest to be released this Oct, 09

4.) Socom-Fireateam Bravo 3 (haven't tried it as it needs a firmware upgrade)
-----------

But yes, all these are tactical shooters, wich simply means u just cant go out there and blasty ur way thru the enemies, u need team work and a lot of "stop-look-snipe-sneak" skills...and every map takes around 15-20 mins to finish.. :)
-----------

@ to all: guys, hv u updated ur firmwares to play the latest PSP games..??? im still on 3.90 m333 and i guess all newer games require 5.00 fw.. plz confirm....
-----------

Cheers n e-peace....
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
edit: sorry, my bad, the 4th title of SOCOm, FTB3 will be released in Jan 2010.. :p

Last edited:

shri

Always Fresh!
@ Shri: SOCOM and tat too good..??? lol.. :p
Its freaking awesome dude....

btw, wich socom u started playing..???

Hey ashu.
I'm currently trying SOCOM tactical strike.
Finding it difficult to overcome my FPS boom boom instincts. [Chanting the new mantra : stealth, stealth, stealth...]

I'm using 5.00 m33-6
Most new games are decrypted and 'released' and can be played on this firmware.
The GEN series is seeing constant updates, but so far no compelling reason to switch to it yet.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
5.0 m33 does not play many new games including gran turismo, motorstorm and MGS peace walker . Correct me if I am wrong.

shri

Always Fresh!
5.0 m33 does not play many new games including gran turismo, motorstorm and MGS peace walker . Correct me if I am wrong.

It DOES play gran turismo [a decrypted version]. I haven't tried the other two. BTW, the game is top notch. Really good graphics and car controls.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Hi Everyone .. how r u guys ?? logged on to the forum after quite sometime , just totally gave up the Digit Forum because of no new activity and torture due to advertisements..

Good to see that u guys r continuing with the thread. Anything new u ppl must have experimented with the PSP ?? Ashu , m too still on 3.90 M33 .. What do u say , wanna upgrade ??

Tarey , Max , Shri .. what's the latest at ur ends ??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ shri: sorry dude, it was a forum problem tat was NOT lwetting me send a PM..:( will try later and let u knw here.. :)

@ BB: hey, nice to see u back here.. :) yaa me wanna upgrade yaar, wanna play Gran turismo and SOCOM4 (wen its released)...

these days, playing Puzzle quest, pga 09, socom Tact Strike etc...
-----------

yaa guys, wat u say.>?? wanna upgrade to a 5.xx fw..??

@ max: hey, was the jump to a new FW easy enough..?? wat was ur last fw..?? 3.90 ..??? plz post of ur know how abt upgrading ur PSP dude.. :)

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
upgrading firmware is very easy if we are already on cfw , i was using 5.00 M33-4 earlier , and i was pretty much satisfied with it , but newer firmware allows us to play games which require 6.10 or newer firmware . like GT5 or GTA Chinatown wars .

this firmware is also stable .

shri

Always Fresh!
Tarey , Max , Shri .. what's the latest at ur ends ??

I'm 5.00 M33-6. This is a DA CFW. As I said earlier newer games can be played on this FW too.
Will upgrade to kernel 6.xx when its out in due time.

Tried Assassins Creed. Really boring with poor character control. Nowhere near the GOW gameplay levels.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
k back again.
latest updates:played motorstorm, gran turismo, lemmings, brothers in arms D-day, and the new star wars.
Out of these only motorstorm is recommended -awesome.
gran turismo has awesome graphics and cars and stuff but gameplay is not that good its just like a driving simulator.
Lemmings is utter crap and the i couldn't work with the controls for star wars and brothers in arms.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have heard dat the new PSP slim 2000 cant be moded/hacked to play downloaded ISO files...is it true?:!:

More over the new coming PSP doensnt have a UMD drive...???

shri

Always Fresh!
I have heard dat the new PSP slim 2000 cant be moded/hacked to play downloaded ISO files...is it true?:!:

More over the new coming PSP doensnt have a UMD drive...???

There is no more PSP 2000. New PSP version is 3000.
PSPs without UMD drive is called 'PSP Go'.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ girish: ok, so dude, after upgrade of the (c)fw from 3.90 m333 to 5.xx, is it a direct step or wat..??? can u giv me the entire details..??? pm..???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom