PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hello everybody,
I am Manish from Mumbai. Have been a silent reader for a long time.
I just wanted to ask whether is it worth buying a used PSP (phat/slim) now, since the price of "rare" PSPs have gone up to almost 12-13k. Even though PSP-3000 may be h***ed one day, its interlacing issues seem rather scary.
Also let me know what things to watch out for in a used PSP. I only know about the dead pixel thing.

Thanks in advance.
Well, apart from the Dead Pixel thingy, there is noting else to worry about... :)

make sure, the PSP u are buying (a used one) is NOT fresh but it is loaded with CFW.. (Wich is but obvious) .. :)

also, try to get a used PSP SLIM rather than a Fat one.. (jus for the looks point of view).. :)

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ sorry ashu, i didn't get time to upload the popsloader compatible to 3.90 :( . I will soon do that with a small tut so you dont have to dig for it here and there.

shri

Always Fresh!
Two very promising homebrew in development:
1. iRshell with multi-tasking: *irshell.org/site/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view&id=15917&catid=10

2. Daedalus x64 Nintendo 64 emulator: *www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=186037

smokin745

Right off the assembly line
guys please tell me where to buy a psp modified one which has the CFW which can help me download games from internet. Please help me out where to buy a slim on already modified cos i m tired of seeking it in Mumbai. Please tell me where in mumbai i can buy that.

fabler

Journeyman
guys please tell me where to buy a psp modified one which has the CFW which can help me download games from internet. Please help me out where to buy a slim on already modified cos i m tired of seeking it in Mumbai. Please tell me where in mumbai i can buy that.

bro.. PSP with modified CFW is not available. sony has replaced all PSP to unmodified FW. BTW you can purchase second hand...

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
by friends buying new psp 2000(TA-88v3) or 3000 series and coming to me for modding . but unfortunately they go with sadness . unfortunately they havent asked me while purchasing . and price of "rare " psps are going upto 12k-13k even secondhand

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I wont sell mine even for 12k :p . I hope the new ones get modded soon and prices come down.
PSP is a 70% PMP and 30% Portable gaming gadget for me .

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Ashu, congrats. What was the total damage?
Lol... nice question, liked it.. :D
----------

Well the total damage was close to 92K.. :D

Processor:Core i7-920 ---------------------------> Rs.15.5K
Mobo:Evga X58----------------------------------> Rs. 22.5K
RAM:Corsair TR3X3G-1333C9---------------------> Rs.8.2K
PSU:Tagan BZ1100------------------------------> Rs.14.1K
GPU:Evga GTX280 SSC Edition-------------------> Rs.22.7K
HDD:WD 1TB -----------------------------------> Rs.5.1K
----------------

Rest with Cabinet, CM690... :D

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thread hijacked by ashu. Hehe.
Awesome rig man...

@ashu..

congo bro.. nice rig..

Congrats Ashu for ur rig ... but i still can't believe that u'hv spent 92K INR on ur desktop :eek:

I think its totally worth :D , congrats Ashu

Thanx to all for the replies guys, :D:D
-------------------

I will post pics if u want to (and want me to totally hijack this PSP thread by gaurav) ;):D
wat say Gaurav ! :wink:

---------------
My CPU will be completed , up and running by this friday...so will post sum things for u guys, if u order me.. :D:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom