PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ Killing Spree!!!

Literally a killing spree...
OOh...!!! im deeply honoured.. guys lol.. :D:D

@ashu - Boss..salute to u for that list...was looking to buy socom and syphon but didnt find it anywhere...played the demo...was great...FPS in PSP rocks !!:D
i agree with u buddy, i think many ppl jus didint find a good PSP fsp game hence were of the opinion tat fps sucks.. but now i hv another companion supporting me, as you.. :D
And dude...keep in touch via mails...will call u tmmrw maybe...ciao dude...and stay amongst bikes only on the PSP for now .. :D:D:D

yup, i knw y u giving me tat advice :D:D thanx for it..
-------------------------------

btw, i am planning to buy a 8 GB MSPD , is it available in Mumbai ?? wat cost ? and is it suppored by our PSP models ??? (PSP 2000 consoles)

I knw tat a 4 GB MSPD (sandisk) wil lcost me Rs.1600/- (original)
--------------------------------

Cheers n e-peace...

------------------

btw, all the 3 SOCOM titles are awesome, and the response from the AI commandos (a.k.a Navy seals military tat the user controls)...the graphics are awesome adn the best part is the sniping, stealth and objectives in the game...

of all the 3 SOCOM titles, Tactical Strike has the best graphics followed by Fireteam bravo and fireteam bravo 2 (in descending order, that is)

also, the controls in all the 3 titles are really smooth and the analog stick is really responsive wich allows me to control my team of commandos really well..

the enemy AI in fireteam bravo 2 is really smart and they will attack u if u try to sneek past ur stealth and uncover it...

the really gr8 thing abt this SOCOM titles is the head shots are really satisfying (u can compare them to the smoothness of CS titles)....
-----------------------------

also, a wide array of guns and sniper weapons available as u progress one-by-one thru the various missions of the game, successfully and at the end of each successful mission, u will be graded on 4 criteria:
1.) How stealthly u/ur team was
2.) the hit success
3.) how well the team was co ordinating in completing the pri and sec. obj.
4.) individual grades of each team member based on no, of kills, stealth maintained,damage received in-game)
-----------------------

the weapons really sound different from one another and wen using a silencer (on a gun) known as a suppressor, u can actually hear a silenced gunshot hitting ur enemy, surprising him out-of-the-blue..and eventually killing him...
------------------------

In SOCOM Fireteam, u cannot carry a medikit with u (to revive u incase u are shot) but in SOCOM tactical strike and in fireteam bravo, u hv the option of carrying 1 adn 5 medkits resp.
-------------------------

u can sneak past ur enemy so up-close (without even him knowing abt it) in tactical strike tat u can really land in a knife kill from behind, where as this option of a knife kill (stealth kill) is absent in fireteam bravo and bravo 2, but instead of a knife kill, u can shoot the enemy in the leg or in the arm, and if u are really lucky to land in this kinda shot, then u can go upto him and make him ur "enemy captured" alive (wich is really helpful in u getting extra exp. points wich will eventually help u in further missions and also unlock new weapons)..
:)
-----------

Last edited:

feedmespeed

Becoming a Guru.......
@ ashu - Gosh..looks like u really have been playing only Socom....Ur making it sound too interesting... How is syphon filter? Played the demo...was pretty good..better than SOCOM? Or which is better? I would love to have them pal...so tell me when r u meeting me? lol.. :D:D (greedy me)

About MSPD - I dont know about the rates, but our PSP does support a 8GB mc cause the place from where I bought my PSP, the guy asked me whether to put a 4 or a 8 gb card.
The lynx guy is selling this for 3550 *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=827. Check it out in lamington road...or alfa..

@tarey - would be great if u could give me any phone number (via pm) I can write on the package to be sent to u. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ ashu - Gosh..looks like u really have been playing only Socom....Ur making it sound too interesting... How is syphon filter? Played the demo...was pretty good..better than SOCOM? Or which is better? I would love to have them pal...so tell me when r u meeting me? lol.. :D:D (greedy me)
lol.. well i love greedy ppl like u :D:D
will surely giv u then..

Well i hv jus NOT touched Syphon Filter, will try it later...coz as u said im immensly into SOCOM, hv finished 3 missions in all the 3 titesl of SOCOM :D

and yes i guess SOCOM will beat any game hands down mainly bcoa u hv a team rather than a single player in it.. btw, tried KILLZONE LIBERATION and the graphics are awesome too.. will post abt it later.. :)

About MSPD - I dont know about the rates, but our PSP does support a 8GB mc cause the place from where I bought my PSP, the guy asked me whether to put a 4 or a 8 gb card.

ohh thats good to hear yaar..well i may buy a 4GB or a 8GB one...probably in 2-3 days time :D
The lynx guy is selling this for 3550 *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=827. Check it out in lamington road...or alfa..

yup, tat wud be a good place coz i will buy it from mumbai only..

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Bought a Aerofoam cover for PSP from Reliance Mall Vashi, 300/- . In Pune same is for 550/- . Nice cover

But i still want the Logitech Playger Pocket Slim :D

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ hey, post the screenshots plz dude.. :D:D

i think it comes in jus 2 colors, either a black or a white one, isint it ? ....
---------------------

feedmespeed

Becoming a Guru.......
@tarey - Yes. please post screen shots.. did u get the delivery?

@ashu - ki haal hai sir..socom FT bravo 2 missions completed. :p

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Regarding 8 GB MSPD support... yes, PSP Slim does support it. I have the Sony original 8 GB Mark II edition (MG) and it works flawlessly.... with all the stuff thats on it, only 200 MB is free.... and the access speed is simply sleeek !!!!!!

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ya sure , this is the case (pics not from my unit, i found the pics of the same case while googling). Simple one

*the-gadgeteer.com/assets/brando-psp--aerocase1.jpg

*the-gadgeteer.com/assets/brando-psp--aerocase2.jpg

*the-gadgeteer.com/assets/brando-psp--aerocase3.jpg

@feed , Chk your PM.

I started playing KillZone Liberation. Nice game :) , will post some screenshots soon.

Regarding 8 GB MSPD support... yes, PSP Slim does support it. I have the Sony original 8 GB Mark II edition (MG) and it works flawlessly.... with all the stuff thats on it, only 200 MB is free.... and the access speed is simply sleeek !!!!!!

ok guys , my 3.5 months old 4GB MS pro duo is on sale , who wants it ? :D

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@tarey - Yes. please post screen shots.. did u get the delivery?

@ashu - ki haal hai sir..socom FT bravo 2 missions completed. :p
Sab changaa sirji :D, well playing many games at once... like:

1.) all 3 SOCOM titles (3 missions completed in each, so a total of 9 missions altogether)

2.) started playing Syphon Filter Dark mirror (DM) and Logan's Shadow (LS)
(my take on these games):

well, the TuT section in both the titles (DM & LS) are exactly the same and there are 4 Tuts in each game.

TuT-1: teaches u basic movement controls and the use of 4 types of googles to make u identify sum tricks like:

a.) EDSU(electronic device sensing unit) googles (wich makes u see the metallic points wich u cannot see them in normal vision so open doors etc.
b.) NV (night vision) googles: its self explainatory
c.) IR (infra red) googles: to kill enemies at night wen u cant see them in normal vision.
d.) a night torch: self explainatory as well..

if u can finish the movements in a time less than wat it needs to be completed, then u get a bonus weapon. the target time is 1m35sec and i was able to complete the TuT in 1m20sec (on the second try bcoz on the 1st try i was listening to the A.I trainer abt the ctrls)
------------------------------------------
TuT-2: teaches u basic controls like:

a.) working with a SOCOM silenced pistol to fire on targets,
b.) knife attacks,
c.) melee attacks (wich includes stealthed neck breaks of ur foes..lol..)
d.) the use of a unique weapon known as the EDT (electric discharge) by wich u can aim it onto an enemy (using the R button thus creating a LOCK ON (as in socom titles) and then killing/paralysing him using this electric bolt charge (its a stealth killing weapon)

and wen u complete this too in a time less than wats being told, u get a new weapon again..
=================================
TuT-3: teaches u how to handle a machine gun along with 4 types of shots (darts as they are known in-game)

a.) a normal 6mm shot (wich makes noise wen u try to fire it at an enemy at long range)---> Not a Stealth Killing Technique
b.) an EXP (explosive) dart/shot wich can be used on a group of enemies (3-4) and kill all of them using an explosion.--->NOT a Stealth Killing Technique
c.) an EDT (electric discharge) dart, (explained in TuT-2 point d.) wich kills ur enemy by giving him a high electric shock.---> a Stealth Killing Technique
d.) a smoke dart wich can suffocate group of enemies (2-3) to death---> a Stealth Killing Technique

U can also use ur default SOCOM Silenced Pistol to take out enemies stealthly..
=========================

TuT-4: It teaches multiplayer skills.
----------------------------------

The graphics are really good and satisfying for the eye, the cut scenes are as smooth and highly textured as the SOCOM titles, the story is really told to perfection. and u are a ONE MAN ARMY to battle ur way either using STEALTH or by WAKING UP UR ENEMIES.. :D

Hope u guys liked my short and simple review...

Wats the price u got it for ? Here in goregaon-east (mubai) the guy says Rs.3K for a 8 GB.

Ya sure , this is the case (pics not from my unit, i found the pics of the same case while googling). Simple one

I love the case, but can the PSP fit into it with the crystal cover ? i wud love to get it, if u can courier it to me, i will pay u for the same..

I started playing KillZone Liberation. Nice game :) , will post some screenshots soon.
Yup, nice game, but apart from the SOCOM and Syphon Filter titles where u can play either as a 3rd person or a FPS, this has an isometric view (from above and at an angle, 30 degrees) wich causes me a problem coz i jus cant make out if my player is really hiding or getting killed by the enemy on the other side ..lol...

but it too has a lot of sniping/hiding points and alot of crates wich can be broken to collect additional items..

Hey Tarey, wat was the name of the screenshot plugin tat u gave me a long time back ?:confused: i also wanna post screenshots of my games..

ok guys , my 3.5 months old 4GB MS pro duo is on sale , who wants it ? :D
Well, i already got a new one 2 days back, u shud hv told me earlier, damn.. :D
so as of now i hv 4+4+2+1 GB MSPDs.... :D
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@ashu, PSP wont fit in this cover with crystal casing on it. This cover leaves no space and is meant to firmly hold the PSP inside. I will send you the screenshot plugin soon or the link if I find it.

I have played all Syphon Filter titles on PS1, i think the PSP ones are ports of them. Still i am gonna play them as both are really gr8 games.

You can download it from here :
*www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148066529

Or the attached file (with this post) if it works, as digit forum's file attachment feature is all screwed up.

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, they hv the 16 GB one too..and way out of my budget..

also, there is NOT much a difference b/w the price ofa 4 GB at mumbai or at amazon.. :)
-----------

@ tarey: thanx for the plugin buddy, :)

plz tell me how to use the screenshot plugin ? it has 2 folders : PSP and seplugins.

I already hv the cxmb plugin installed onto my PSP for the ctf theme so it already has a seplugins folder in my root of the PSP mem stick.

plz tell me step-by-step as to wat to ad and wat to edit.. im a total noob as this is my 1st timer..so be easy on me...

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Put the contents of psp folder in the respective ms0:/PSP folder in your PSP. Same for seplugins folder, but do not overwrite any files here , you will already be having the vsh.txt and similar files , just add the entry for this plugin in the respective files instead of overwriting them. Start the plugin from Recovery menu, done.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
SO in "vsh.txt" in "seplugins" folder the entry for the screenshot plugin be added this way?

ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx (this is the ctf themes entry)
ms0:/seplugins/Screenshot Plugin v1.2.prx (this is the screenshot entry)
is this correct ?? or shud there be a line gap b/w the 2 entries ?
------------

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
This is correct. make similar entry in other files too.

Post some screenshots soon :)

Playing PuzzleQuest , really addictive game.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/xxthedarkonexx/Games/puzzlequest.jpg

*pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2007-11-11/puzzlequest.jpg

*hatedpig.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/puzzlequest1.jpg

*www.justadventure.com/reviews/PuzzleQuest/puzzlequest5.jpg

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
so i think after putting the files in the seplugins folder (on the PSP) > there were many txt files too like game150.txt, game.txt, pops.txt so shud i keep them in the same seplugins folder (onto the PSP along with the ctf plugin) or do i hv to transfer them to the game and game150 folders ??

step-1 --- Well, i kept all the txt files in the seplugins folder itself (onto the PSP) along wiht the ctf plugin.

step-2 --- wen i entered in the Rec mode, i saw 3 ".prx" files to be enabled like:

1.) screenshotsplugin v1.2.prx[disabled]---> wich i enabled
2.) game.prx[disabled]-------------------> wich also i enabled
3.) game150.prx[disabled]---------------> same as above.

-------------------

hope i did the right thing in step 1 and 2. plz reply buddy..clearly..

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Yes you have done it correctly, now you can take screenshots of your PSP scren by ptessing the music note button.

the entries in the recovery menu should be like (approx if i remember correctly)

1.) screenshotsplugin v1.2.prx[vsh]
2.) screenshotsplugin v1.2.prx[game]
3.) screenshotsplugin v1.2.prx[game150]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom