PS3 to Laptop display?

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys, can someone tell me whether THIS can be used to connect PS3 to laptop screen?

Description says it supports resolution upto 1920x1200, PS3's A/V cables can be connected to it. hence ouputting the PS3 signal to laptop screen?

Someone asked me, hence posting here just to make sure.

Thanks. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
no.. you cannot.

you can buy a USB TV tuner card and then connect your PS3 to it.. anyway yours video output will be of low quality.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah, thats what I told him. RYW wires only support upto 480p. No HD.

There is another query, say I have a spare monitor lying around but it only has VGA input, i can buy hdmi to vga cable and ps3 display will be shown on monitor right?

But what to do about the audio? Any ideas?

Thanks.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
yes.. you can use a spare monitor and use a HDMI to VGA converter.. you can also stream the audio, some one had already discussed your audio query in some other thread, just search the forum.

PS : I don't own a PS3 :p

randomuser111

Technomancer
Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but does anyone know if there is any Full HD TV Tuner card for laptops that allows viewing HD DTH on laptop ?

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
yes.. you can use a spare monitor and use a HDMI to VGA converter.. you can also stream the audio, some one had already discussed your audio query in some other thread, just search the forum.

PS : I don't own a PS3 :p

Thanks for the info, but I couldn't find the thread related to streaming audio. Do you remember in which forum it was?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I dont visit any other forum :) I had seen it here but cannot remember the thread.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consoles/154845-guide-everything-you-need-know-about-ps3.html :/

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
OH ok, thanks. It tells how to stream the audio, but I was searching about the solution of the In-Game audio.
If I connect the external monitor via HDMI to VGA converter where will the In-Game audio go. :D

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Top Bottom