PS3 queries from a new PS3 gamer...

look4aditya

Right off the assembly line
Hi folks,

I am new to the world of Play Station gaming, all these years I was a PC gamer. I have recently purchased a 3 month old PS3 (500 GB) from somebody. I have a few queries which I am keen to get answers of, please help.

1. I have registered at Sony PS site and selected few games too. But I want to know if downloading the games on PS3, using the console is the only method of doing it, or one can download it in PC and transfer using a USB drive.>

2. Are there any game libraries in Noida/Greater from where I can buy some used game at good prices?

3. Is the latest PS3 (Sep,2014) jail-breakable? Is it recommended? I have heard that if the console is connected to internet, then Sony identifies the jail-break and it bans you on their network. Is it true?

4. Is jail-break recommended to be done at home or taking the console to SMEs like the ones at Nehru Place/Palika/Gaffar Market (Delhi) is a safe option? What do they charge and how much time is required?

Appreciate a quick and positive response.

Thanks.
Aditya

digit1191

In the zone
We do not encourage piracy in this forum, so I am sure you will never get any replies regarding the jailbreaking questions :D

Edit: If you remove the last 2 points, I'm sure people will be glad to help you out :)

digit1191

In the zone
Haha okay, then, I don't think it is very easy to jail-break the PS. Even if you do, very hard to find games. It is better that you do not jail-break it, as you will be missing out on multiplayer and all.

anaklusmos

Youngling
dont make the mistake of jailbreaking the PS3, you will end up losing out on PS plus, which IMO pays out several times more in the span of one year than its cost.
Plus you will lose out on the free multiplayer....
As for used games, contact Game4U, they have a trade in program for that

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
dont make the mistake of jailbreaking the PS3, you will end up losing out on PS plus, which IMO pays out several times more in the span of one year than its cost.
Plus you will lose out on the free multiplayer....
As for used games, contact Game4U, they have a trade in program for that

Also visit the forums on indianvideogamers.com (known as IVG in short) for second hand games and trades

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
You can download the game from PC also using proxy method ( google it ) . Jailbreak is not possible for super slim ps3 . You can buy used game either from IVG or Buy and Sell Phones, Tablets, Cameras, and Video Games | Bootstrapp .

Top Bottom