PS3 Indian Launch Date, Price Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
Major suckage, and this is gonna be the Euro PS3 version, right? That means no backward compatibility for PS2 games. Then again, I'm most sure people who own a PS2 here don't buy their games. :D

The price for games sound about right though, but the 360 titles are still much cheaper (even when you compare them to their US counterparts, since they usually run for $59.99 plus sales tax depending on states). At least the online service will be free right out of the box, and this is where Sony's got to bring in the dough from the Indian Gaming Community. HOW are they gonna do it, I have no clue whatsoever.

Thanks for pointing this out, mAV3. Posted the news at our forums ;)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
VJ_Lunar said:
Major suckage, and this is gonna be the Euro PS3 version, right? That means no backward compatibility for PS2 games.

NO backward compatibility?
Correction , sony released a euro compatbility list of games and it represents a sizeable chunk of the previous systems' libraries, roughly 72%, and with updates that figure is guaranteed to grow. It's already much much better than the 360 but still people bash sony. How sad

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well let's look on the brighter side,atleast this console made it's way "officially" much faster than any other console till date in India.;)

Coming to the price bashing factore once again,for a console which was retailing for around 45k for the 60GB version in greay market a month back this price is still low.The Xbox 360 Premium in Planet M costs around 27k itself & mind you this price had been stagnant since day 1 of it's launch.But hey people still tend to buy 360 simply for Gears of War.Sony still has a long way to go both in terms of price & games variety when it comes to matching up with Microsoft.The first generation of Sony's games seem pretty good though judging from Resistane:FOM & the much awaited Motor Storm.It's just a matter of wait until it comes out with stellar titles rivalling the 360.At this point on the 360 has the best price-to-performance ratio.Blu-Ray titles are almost priced on the same range as that of a Dual Layer DVD of the 360 i.e. around 2.8k.Not too sure what official pricing Sony will have once the console is released.At the first initial months I reckon sony will have a tough time with the Indian audience as the price point is way off the hook.Add to the fact the price of HDTV's are still in 65k+ range would mount to low sales.

It would be wise enough to wait another year may be till the price & games stabilises & then go for the console.

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
tarey_g said:
NO backward compatibility?
Correction , sony released a euro compatbility list of games and it represents a sizeable chunk of the previous systems' libraries, roughly 72%, and with updates that figure is guaranteed to grow.

My mistake, I was hearing otherwise. Thanks for the correction. :)

It's already much much better than the 360 but still people bash sony. How sad

Define "better", please.

allwyndlima: At least a price drop is forthcoming for the 360 Premium and Core packs, partly due to the announcement of the Special Black model (coupled with HDMI and a 120GB HDD).

Despite how people are labeling the Xbox 360 here as a failure, it's not like the software sales in India are hugely reflective of how well a console is sold; it's more about pushing as many units out of the window. Do you think PSP software sell well in other countries? Heck no. But there is still a demand for just the hardware alone.

Let the developers and publishers worry whether or not the sales don't meet their status quota. If there's a demand for something, they'll provide for it. Otherwise, I doubt most game publishers are breaking sweats to produce 100k copies for a country where it doesn't even make much of a difference when you consider sales from the places that count (USA, UK); rather, they're perfectly content shipping 10 times less that amount.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Yes console gaming is much cheaper than pc gaming as u don't have to upgrade consoles in years.Pc games might be cheaper(not considering piracy) but consoles games currently have amazing graphics

T

thunderbird.117

Harvik780 said:
Yes console gaming is much cheaper than pc gaming as u don't have to upgrade consoles in years.Pc games might be cheaper(not considering piracy) but consoles games currently have amazing graphics

Even PC has the graphics than consoles does not match. For example :- Crysis and Spore.

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw, there is a 20GB version for $100 less right? So 35k should be the price of the 20GB?

@harvik: Let me know when consoles can game at 2560*1536....well then again, one would need at least an 8800GTX + C2D with some high end stuff amounting to much more than 40k....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Spore does not have amazing graphics .

vj lunar said:
Define "better", please.

better here in the case of backward compatibility i was talking abt , ps3 has far better backward compatibility than the 360.

Total XBOX games released = 797
Number of games that are backward compatible so far = 290 (even after more than one year of release)
Percentage approx = 36%

Total PS1+PS2 games released = 5000+ (its more than 5000, i dont know the exact no. )
Number of games that are backward compatible so far = 3600+
Percentage approx = 72%

Clearly . PS3 offers way better backwards compatibility when compared to 360 ,almost double in percentage.

Thats the biggest problem with consoles , the current will not last long . Speaking of current crysis is just around the corner.

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

tarey_g said:
^^ Spore does not have amazing graphics .

better here in the case of backward compatibility i was talking abt , ps3 has far better backward compatibility than the 360.

Total XBOX games released = 797
Number of games that are backward compatible so far = 290
Percentage approx = 36%

Total PS1+PS2 games released = 5000+ (its more than 5000, i dont know the exact no. )
Number of games that are backward compatible so far = 3600+
Percentage approx = 72%

Clearly . PS3 offers way better backwards compatibility when compared to 360 ,almost double in percentage.

Oh really. The games have very good graphics plus the how the game work is amazing.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
thunderbird.117 said:
Oh really. The games have very good graphics plus the how the game work is amazing.

Spore is amazing game , and its not amazing for its graphics.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Consoles are better investment for gaming then a PC. You buy one concole wether it is a PS3 or X360, & you won't have to worry about buying anything else for next 5 years.

The way PS3 is made, it is a 10 years investment. Cell CPU has tremendious power for many things, it will take atleastt 4 years for a game to come up which will use 90% of CELLs power. After that the rest of the games will be Cell optimized anyway.

XBOX 360 however has littrally won this round. There XBOX Live system is worth a mention here which is solid multiplayer gaming enviroment.

Good thing is that if you buy a XBOX 360 right now, just the core system is enough. We don't have XBOX live in india so no use of HD, you can buy it later. For saving games just get a 64 MB memory card bundled.

No use of buying HDTV or HDMI Cable, hardly a few people use HDTV here anyway. Buy it seperately if you need it.

The core system playes DVDs too, just get the remote. What else do u need from a device like this? It even streams videos from your PC to TV.

But the real winner is Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
VJ_Lunar said:
allwyndlima: At least a price drop is forthcoming for the 360 Premium and Core packs, partly due to the announcement of the Special Black model (coupled with HDMI and a 120GB HDD).
And how long did it take for the 360 to reach this price cut? a full year & a half post it's North American release.This is exactly what I am talking about when it comes to Sony.It has just been a few months since it has released in Japan & US.How can you expect prices to hit an all time low when it comes officially to India? Every console takes time to reach a certain point of sales recovery after which it can announce a price cut.Launch prices are usually on the higher side.I am still glad for the fact that Sony didn't absurdly price the titles but it's just 300 bucks above an average 360 title.Considering it's a Blu-Ray disc the price is quite reasonable IMHO.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well techno funky there ... u name it and they have it ... call icici today ... or dont worry they certainly will

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Man, 40k is too steep!

Also saw it on a news report that the chip they're using in PS3 has backward compatibility issues with quite a few older PS/PS2 game labels. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom