PS3 Indian Launch Date, Price Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
After months of rumors and speculation, Sony's PlayStation 3 will finally be officially launched in India on the 27th of April, 2007, courtesy of Milestone Interactive. As of now we'll have to make do with the 60 GB model that'll be available for Rs. 39,900.

Source

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^WTF!!! The XBOX 360 is much better priced, if Rs.25000 is a better bet for some people. Sony can never hope to penetrate the Indian market with absurd pricing like this.:mad:. I would better buy a XBOX 360 and a 21" Sony Wega combined, if I had 40k to spare...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Another console to face doom in Indian market , 360 is a big flop here , what is Milestone Interactive thinking.

T

thunderbird.117

:shock::shock::shock::shock: Rs. 39,900. :shock::shock::shock::shock:. Are they joking it would go ahead and buy some games such has crysis and a ipod and tv withthat money but not for buying consoles which cost that much plus sending 2500Rs each money for the money will give a heart attack with that type of amount. Iam going to forget about consoles once and for all. It is wayyy too much. Iam sure a rich people can buy it after they buy iam sure they will have thoughts wheather it is money well spent or if he top 10 richest person in the world.

Sony and Microsoft is a ripping everyone money. Also if i really need consoles i would go for nitendo wii. WII is winning the battle of consoles.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
also add "not so Special Exclusive's" (games) on PS3 to spend 40K:D:D:D:D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya i saw it there ppl were buying like crazy

it was a crowded section on tht floor

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Any console is useless & a flop in Indian market, unless the pirated games are available for it.

PS3 will fail in India, cos it uses games in Blu-Ray only & Blu-Ray writers themselves cost a lot, also Blu-Ray blank disks are not even available in U.S.A. PS3 will be just a novelty & will fail in Indian market.

Believe me or not, but MS did a nice trick with XBOX 360, sticking with the DVD format for consoles. They know they need Piracy to survice in Indian market. By this year end XBOX 360 with Mod chips to play pirated disks will be easily available in the markets of India. Not to forget that XBOX 360 has a long list of games available with hits such Quake 4, Kemro & Gears of War, while Metal Gear for PS3 is far from available.

With the incresing panetration of broadband in India with people willing & paying Rs 1k for a 256kbps line :D, we have a market for XBOX Live too. Though the speed is damn slow for Live content downloads, but comon....we already leave our computers on whole night downloading, don't we. While PS Home is not even out.

It won't be wrong to say that XBOX 360 has won the console war so far. PS3 is a 10 years investment though due to the scalibility of the CELL CPU, but comon....40k, yo learn something fron Nintendo. Wii is much like a modified Gamecube but saling super solid just cos it's fun to play Wii game.

if you want to buy a PS3 buy it only after 2 years or when the pirated games are easily available. If you are buying a new console, just get a XBOX 360 Core system for 20k or wait till this years end till the mod chip based XBOX arrive in the market. You won't miss the harddisk in India where proper broadband & XBOX Live is not available. Besides, the 65nm CPU based XBOX 360s will be out too by then resulting in cooler operation.

soham

In the zone
The americans are crying foul over the price of 600$. what would they say if they hear that it costs even more in India. This sis ridiculous pricing. And that too without any free games or Blu Ray movies.

mail2and said:
It's available at Alfaa without warranty for Rs 25k
You mean the 60GB version or the 20GB one.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
wow....I think only Sony Indian President himself will buy it...No one in their right mind can buy this thing in India..SOny & MS u better do some quick thinking about the prices otherwise this will be the last release of any major console in India...God screw their minds real tight..hehe

Josan

Gangsta
i realy luv to buy a one PS3 if it cost me around 22k or even lesser....................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom