PS3 Gran Turismo HD In-game to real life comparision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i just hope GTA IV's city also looks as realistic as GT HD's. (& maybe also Next NFS).
*img138.imageshack.us/img138/1934/granturismohdjx3.th.jpg
but one big dissappointment in this game is, the spectators (in game AI people) dont move at all.:( for such an advanced game, its a bummer.

see this video ->"Gran Turismo HD (working title) Gameplay Movie 6" search for this in www.gamespot.com

K

krazyfrog

I've just got myself a copy of GT4 for my PS2. And it looks spectacular. It just doesn't look like a game. It looks more like a live race on tv. The cars in this game make the cars in Most Wanted and Carbon look like scrap metal. If this game looks so good, i can't even imagine how good the GT5 will look on the PS3 on a HDTV at 1080p. The pics given by tarey_g are definitely genuine, there's no doubt about it.
Btw, a bit of info for aspiring PS3 owners. I just checked the price of PS3 and its 37k for the 20gb and 45k for the 60gb. The games cost 3k per title. These are costs in mumbai (alfa).

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
gta style games cant have such detailed car models , too much stuff goes on at a time in gta games , such high polygon count models like gt hd are not possible due to nature of the game.

SolidSnake

Broken In
45k...whoa! I won't spend that much amount over even my GF (waise I don't have one...haha)...OK, maybe I'll but then it depends.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
more jaw dropping comparisions, left ones are in-game right ones are real . enjoy the goodness :)

*generationdreamteam.free.fr/imagesjeux/GTcomparaferrari.jpg
Yea i know the rules abt posting thumbnails,but the pics were so sexy :p

*generationdreamteam.free.fr/imagesjeux/GTcompalancer2.jpg

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
tarey_g said:
gta style games cant have such detailed car models , too much stuff goes on at a time in gta games , such high polygon count models like gt hd are not possible due to nature of the game.

not the cars, but the City itself. coz RockStar does/has not used a Licensed Car in any GTA till date.

there were rumors, that GTA IV will have Photo-Realistic City/buildings...

btw back to topic, does GT HD cars have Damage models???
& its tracks are more or less same as NFS. NO Complete FREEDOM as in GTA games. its like a closed circuit, you cant leave the circuit.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
GTA isn't an all out racing game which is for the very reason that it is an open ended environment to explore.As far as Grand Turismo & NFS go they are full fledged racing titles.Grand Turismo is based on more of a simulation control systems which makes it difficult to control the car for a first timer.NFS series has an history of reinventing itself with a Storyline & races modes a feature which GT series don't posses.The car detail in Grand Turismo 4 is excellent but then again the game gets repetitve after having circled the same tracks again & again.Only heavy graphics won't make it a stellar title but it must have some other changes which would enable a better gameplay.

Take Burnout Revenge for example.This is a game which broke all barriers of graphic detail for racing titles in console gaming.The car reflection & the sunshine detail was something else in itself.Added bonus was the adrenaline rushing gameplay.Now this is a title which I would like to make a next-gen mark & it wouldn't be a surprise if it makes sales records.:D

Come to think of it The only thing going for GT HD is the jaw-dropping graphic detail at the moment.Me says wait till the game finalises & then we could see the real effects.

Ch@0s

In the zone
GT4 HD looks like crap and all those pics are photochopped. Here it is in action

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am30qc6hDZ4&mode=related&search=

The only thing good are the draw distances.

K

krazyfrog

I agree with @allwyndlima. The gameplay in GT4 can get frustrating sometimes due to its insistance on being ultra-realistic. Especially when the game forces you to earn driving licences by passing some very annoyingly tough tests. These licences are essential if you wanna play career mode. Also it takes ages for someone to learn to drive these ultra-realistic cars. Most of the time spent early on in the game is in trying to keep the car on the road, even if you're familiar with driving games. The NFS series was much lenient in this aspect. Even a newbie can learn to control the car very quickly in NFS. Burnout Revenge on the other hand-since it essentially concentrated on crashing opponents-felt like you could almost drive with your hands off; it was that easy. Also all the cars handled the same in Burnout. Although i've yet to see a game which can match Burnout Revenge's sense of speed that it gave to players. Simply awesome. And the graphics were mind-blowing, even considering PS2's rather old hardware.
In the end though, GT HD won't be for everyone. Only people who enjoy and have the patience/skills to drive ultra-realistically should go for it.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ch@0s said:
GT4 HD looks like crap and all those pics are photochopped. Here it is in action

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am30qc6hDZ4&mode=related&search=

The only thing good are the draw distances.

Great dude , we will now judge the visual quality of a game from a crappy looking youtube video. Why didn't i ever think that, great!
I wasted my bandwidth downloading the HD videos of the game which look exactly like this , and btw these are the user submitted images in the forum link i posted before in this thread. Download and watch some Hd content if you can and then give your opinion.

dude , the game is a real driving simulator . Its not arcade racing, even i am too not a big fan of simulation racing, but many ppl are . if they made this game like nfsu then what will happen to the ppl who want to play games like what gt is now. :)

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Yeah the crowd gives a real feel to the environment but i still hope the do some more hard work on getting character skinning top notch.U know the blur of vision for background is called depth of field it also supports real time life like motion blur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom