PS3 Gran Turismo HD In-game to real life comparision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
This is totally awesome , take a look. The car models in Gran Turismo HD look so real, reality v/s in-game comparision

*generationdreamteam.free.fr/imagesjeux/GTcompaferrari.jpg

*generationdreamteam.free.fr/imagesjeux/GTcompahonda.jpg

And this reminds me ,need for speed carbon sucks.

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i dont know the source , some one put the direct links to these images on digg, so i posted the same images here.

Btw , to differentiate betwen the real and in game , the in game ones have the 'target time' , 'best lap' and 'last lap' info on the scren .

GT HD is free for PS3 users , Sony's christmas gift . And this is something that MS or nintendo can't beat this christmas.

yeah evn i think its photoshopped or somthin
i saw its gameplay trailer in 1280*1024
this r just real photos of the cars
i have seen the gameplay and the surroundings doesnt look so real
especially mountains and trees
these are fake
this one says its ingame picture

Last edited:

SolidSnake

Broken In
Good that PD, released it as a free demo. Now they should concentrate only on GT5.

OT: Shashank, kya Siggy hai tumhara...:D

oh u were comparin
i thought all the pics were from gt hd
the first red car on the top is from the game
and the same red car on the left is from game
blue car on the right from game and black car above white car is from game

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@sanolution
in there every images can be easy figured that its from a game nd not as realistic as the above. So the above are fake.

No its really gameplay pics
i saw its latest gameplay trailer
and in the vdeo i saw the screenshots he posted

the first red car on the top is from the game
and the same red car on the left is from game
blue car on the right from game and black car above white car is from game

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
see the crowd behind.it is fake
now see the crowd here.see some difference
*www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo5/screenindex.html?page=2

no the crowd looks realistic in the game they r in 3d and they move and talk and take photos of ur car and their eyes follow the cars
arre see some gameplay videos

G

gxsaurav

The images are real, not photoshoped or fake

I saw it on neowin a few days back, if u look at the people in the background u will find, that they are not real, & also the lightning on the grass is uniform, in reality sunlight on grass is never uniform. The CG shots have Hard shadows, there is no such thing as hard shadow in real life, they edges are always blured, even if 2%.

Looks like with the power of Cell & RSX, they are able to pre-bake the lightning & texture in the models, Doom 3 was the first to show Normal mapping, seems like they have used it in this game a lot, cos no matter how much power a console has, low poly is always good. All they did was to make a high poly model of the car, bake it with lightning & color info, then mount the baked image on a low poly model, to make it look like a high poly model, movies are already using this technique from 4 years to cut the render times.

Good thing to see what the power of PS3 has, they really need some good games, cos X360 has won the war this year

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
no surprise then i have to sell my kidneys and bladder to buy a ps3.:D
If these are true it is REVOLUTION.i Want such crowds in ea fifa series

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
All of those who say these are fake should jump in a well. These ppl have not seen the gt hd videos , btw these pics are taken(clicked) directly from a HDTV. The pics were clicked by users from this thread. The replay in the game does some depth of vision effects , ie. blurring the out of focus things which makes the game look spectecular and similar other post processing effects. And for the ppl who dont know anything abt how much time the team spent on modelling one car for the game , let me inform you that the process to model one car for this game took 6 freakin months , and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom