PS2 mouse not working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Journeyman
hi guys,

need ur help with this problem...

the other day my mouse (PS2 port) wasn't working... so I tried it in some other PC...it wasn't even working their...I just went to the market and bought a new logitech optical PS2 mouse. :)

But even this mouse is not working properly :( ...its behaving weirdly...the best way i can explain "weirdly" is..that the mouse pointer was jumping around on its own...suddenly out of nowhere right click gets pressed.

I also have a standby ball-mouse (serial port)... when i plugged it into my PC ...it was working fine

As for the optical mouse I tested it on my friend's PC and it also working fine.

now i cannot afford to buy a new serial or usb port mouse...so i need to make the optical PS2 mouse work...plz help

thanx

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hi looking at your problem I wanna make somethings clear.

The optical mouse (PS2) when you plug it be sure u glide it on some light coloured surface. My table surface was dark mahorany when I had got the new optical mouse. My mouse used to go wherever it liked, by some good luck I tried to use it on my pants and it worked flawlessly. So remove any mouse pad if ur using one and if ur table is dark coloured use a light coloured pad or something.

As for the remaining part you can configure the sensitivity settings in the mouse in the control panel, cause I had to do it for my I Ball mouse (I know that mouse is sick but it doesnt die :().

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom