# Project Natal v/s Playstation Move.....who gonna rock ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
*gamernode.com/upload/manager//News%20Images/natal_price1254934061.jpg​

V/S​

*webassets.scea.com/ucm/groups/public/documents/webasset/mc_large.jpg​

So, as you guyz probably have heard Sony’s upcoming motion controller for the PlayStation3 will be called the ‘PlayStation Move, with the release of the PlayStation Move and the Xbox 360’s Project Natal looking likely for later this year it seems as if these will be going head to head.

The PlayStation Move looks very similar to Nintendo’s WiiMote, however Microsoft’s Project Natal is completely controller-free, therefore both motion solutions will differ quite dramatically.

Nintendo have proved that a WiiMote-like device will work very well, therefore Microsoft’s Project Natal must be seen as much more of a gamble, unless you count the eye toy we have never seen anything remotely like Project Natal.
Many believe that if Microsoft’s software for Project Natal is stable, easy to use and accurate it will offer a completely new dimension to gaming.

VIDEOS OF BOTH MAY BE SEEN HERE !!:)

• PROJECT NATAL -

[youtube]p2qlHoxPioM[/youtube]

• SONY PLAYSTATION MOVE -

[youtube]w0puP8nrIU8[/youtube]

What do you think will do better? Project Natal or the PlayStation Move?

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ don't be a moron. Natal was copied from eyetoy :rofl:

and.. talking about copying.. wii copied Dualshocks.. what about that.. and Nintendo copied the whole idea of console from Atari. Now... is this a rational point? I think no.

The industry is a inspirational thingy. Takes best from one.. gives it in a new way.

Now.. any thing that has motion control and can be held with a single hand will be a snip off from wii motion controller? that's very irrational. I would say every one copied atari's joystick. because.. every controller will be a hand held one and has buttons on it.

And that 70M.. i will give credit to Mr. Mario and Miss. Zelda.

Sorry for going off the topic..

Now.. my concern with Natal is

1. what to hold as a steering if i am playing a Racing game.. am i supposed keep my hands up for 30 mins.. that would be like a punishment to 2nd grader. And.. same thing with FPS games.. you have to hold something to purely play.

2. it will consume nearly 25% of xbox system resources.. as all the developers are hitting 90% mark in system resources.. they have to downgrade the game to reduce the load from CPU. and they will end up giving bland AI, poor physics, etc.

on the contrast.. the natal is really going to be a great thing for arcade style games. And for those who wants to really get involved into the game.

when it comes to Ps Move..

1. difficult to play FPS games

2. As it is based on gestures.. gestures has to be done perfectly.. else, you will end up getting a different result.

the advantages of PS movie is.. High precession tracing by PS Eye. i mean.. it can not only detect the x,y,z movement.. but even the exact rotation of the controller.

Last edited:
OP
paper_heart_21
@ico dude y do u think i wrote this ??:idea:

AND ALL THOSE XBOX FAN BOYS WHO THINK THAT MS XBOX WAS FIRST TO INTRODUCE THIS HANDFREE GAMING CONCEPT MUST SEE THIS
[youtube]jYHr0I-iFHE[/youtube]

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

@vamsi_krishna

dude i agree with you cos playing FPS games will be a big headache on both of them..........and abt system resources i cant say much ;-)
cos Microsoft guyz must have thought abt it before commencing Project Natal.........so for this i think they gonna launch New Xbox model with much increased resources to handle it........but since MS claim that Proj Natal will work with every model of Xbox console so it will be interesting to see the same "RESOURCE ISSUE" with that !!
:-o

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@paper heart,

A recent games named Splinter Cell: Conviction witnessed severe lag in frames even it is running below the standard resolution of 1024*768 with 2xMSAA. Now because of the high processing power natal needs and to keep it available to every one MS took the decision to take processing power from 360. Same decision that Sony did for their PS movie. But ps3 has lot more powerful system resources than x360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom