programming language combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajwansh2003

Journeyman
I am doning B.tech with computers. Every one says that you should have proper control at least in two language.
Can any one suggest me two best language combination.In which future demand and and can attain better job and position on the company.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
C and Java...
Concentrate on these two more.

If want to attract a few more eyes to ur CV, try Shell Scripting>Python

OP
rajwansh2003

rajwansh2003

Journeyman
cool both at same time and similar answer thanks

In c which all part should i mostly cover Data structure, graphics or some thing other. for java i don't have idea please guide me

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
For C, concentrate on DataStructure (Linked lists, sorting, searching etc)
Also check out objective type questions for C, for this I would recommend "Exploring C" by Kanetkar, "C Under DOS Test" by Anup Jain, Riku Parikh

For Java, I would highly recommend "Java Complete Reference" by Herbert Schield. Read chapter 1-12 thoroughly (means every word in every sentence) and practice every damn program in it.

In u forthcoming syllabi u'd encounter with "Shell Scripting", at that time don't neglect it.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^ shell is little bit complicated , better he now finish with the c & java completely

make sure that he knows unix or linux for the shell programming / scripting

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^ shell is little bit complicated , better he now finish with the c & java completely

make sure that he knows unix or linux for the shell programming / scripting
He told that he's in Computer Science, so I guess he must be having UNIX in his syllabi in future, thats why I told below,

In u forthcoming syllabi u'd encounter with "Shell Scripting", at that time don't neglect it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ya, I did B-Tech in IT, and I had Shell Scripting, but I didn't pay any attention to it:(

When I started, I loved it, but I was too late.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Begin with a dynamically typed programming language such as Python or Perl or Ruby. I suggest Python due to clearer syntax than Perl and more widespread support than Ruby.
Then learn statically compiled language like C. And please use gcc, VC++ etc. don't use prehistoric compilers like TC...
You can also learn C++ or Ada for OOP concepts but Python would be enough for learning OOP, but C++ would make a good addition. Ada I havent programmed myself, but is also considered a good OOP language...

And yes don't neglect shell scripting... :))

Last edited:

lovesujoy

Right off the assembly line
Learn C.
An object oriented static typed language.
An interpreted language with regex support.
A functional programming language.
And a couple of webframeworks in some language (java,php,python, whatever).

black_hole

Right off the assembly line
Well , first of all learn all basic concepts like oop,function(or module or method)
dynamic allocation,etc.
Now learn C with basics of assmebly(which is mostly used to optimize C code)
Now learn C++ or Java very well like memory management,error handling, common complier tags,data structure and algo etc.
For java counterparts like networking, gui development in C++ u need to be OS specific.
Like in Windows you need to learn MFC,ATL , etc and in linux Qt etc.
Well after this if you are focusing on *nix platform you should know one of the shell scripting language like python or perl(prefer python).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom